[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Chicken Plucker

Latest update for Red Horse: Furniture

Notes:
- 3 Different skins for the new VR Trainers
- Custom sounds for the VR Trainers
- Train your colonists' skill stats!
- Portable Stove re-added from Rimmu-Nation Camping Stuff
- Hobo Stew re-added from Rimmu-Nation Camping Stuff, please make sure to enable for existing stockpiles and diet restrictions in order for pawns not to ignore the new food item

Credits to:
CaptainJuicy - Training console coding and idea!

Minor fixes:
- Microelectronics research now required for server tower
- Medical stretcher skill cost to build now lower

Chicken Plucker

Download is available from Google Drive link above.

- Fixed north view texture of black suit jacket (Rimmu-Nation: Clothing)

- Albion patched translation error in the reinforcements screen (Red Horse: Furniture)

- Updated to 1.0 (Rimmu-Nation: Weapons)
- Several projectile re-balancing for sniper and DMR rounds
- MP5A2 SD changed to MP5A3 SD defname and texture
- More new planned weapons
- Uncraftables phase has begun, many weapons will now be non-craftable

Skynert

1.0 Rimmunation? Yay! Steam wersion will be?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on October 21, 2018, 11:17:10 AM
1.0 Rimmunation? Yay! Steam wersion will be?

No excitement yet, it is a test version that is highly unfinished with many weapons lying around in the machining bench. I have a lot of things to fix within the mod

Skynert

Valter Jr

It would be incredible to have more combat knives like those used in the army.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Skynert on October 21, 2018, 11:30:13 AM
Aha. But I still take it.

Fair one mate 8)

Quote from: Valter Jr on October 21, 2018, 11:34:22 AM
It would be incredible to have more combat knives like those used in the army.

Here's the current Melee roster, not yet added in-game.

The unused folder has only the outdated KABAR texture and FS Dagger texture, otherwise theyre both there.

Valter Jr

Chicken Plucker

Rimmu-Nation: Clothing
- Un-added clothing now coded in (Chicken hat, halfmask, Division beanie)
- More Russian equipment now craftable instead of being rare (K6-3 Helmets and 6B23-1 vest)

Quote from: Valter Jr on October 21, 2018, 12:46:37 PM
Will there be sounds?

Not for the melee, no. I'm kinda saving the sounds for melee when it comes to chainsaws because sounds for melee can potentially get buggy so I don't wanna end up relying to much on that.

Besides, all we need is the swing and the hit right? I think the game already provides that!

dninemfive

Hey CP, it's me, the guy who claimed he could implement raids in response to using the Black Hat station. I got pretty close to a working prototype, but unfortunately I'm going to have to admit defeat for the time being because the way the game handles raids is more complex than I thought. I simply don't have the time right now because I really should work on my college apps and then I have some mods of my own to update and otherwise work on.

I've attached what work I got done to this post, including the source in case anyone else wants to pick it up. I'll try again in December, after applications close; hopefully I'll have a better understanding of the various components by then.

Finally, here's the general outline for the advanced stuff and general mechanics I had planned if someone else wants to implement them while I'm gone:

Basically, there'd be a timer started when you were first detected performing one of the illegal hacks (I got a hacking detection chance implemented), which would tick down over time, plus more each time you did a job based on that hacking detection chance. The "steal funds" operation would reduce this timer more than would simpler jobs. When it got relatively low (~10 days), a set of investigators from a three-letter agency would show up as visitors. If you pleased them or paid them off, they'd leave and reset the timer (until you got detected again); you could also refuse them, which would reduce the timer to 1, causing a raid in the next 24 hours. There would be a distinction between raids with a warrant, which you could pay off with a fee (or, with a high enough Social stat, convince to leave, which would cause a no-knock raid), and no-knock raids, which would attack without warning.

Included in the attachment is a FactionDef with custom naming for a three-letter agency (though no PawnKindDefs are included, as I was working on a prototype and those are a lot of work); a StatDef for a hacking detection chance; and the source code for a hook after completing recipes with the defs CPJob_InfoTheft and CPJob_FundTheft which should send raids but doesn't because "sending a raid" isn't as simple as it seems in the end.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Skynert

Quote from: Chicken Plucker on October 21, 2018, 01:48:19 PM

Besides, all we need is the swing and the hit right? I think the game already provides that!

Yep.

Chicken Plucker

- Black Hat Station nerfed for illegal activities. (Red Horse Furniture)

Quote from: dninemfive on October 21, 2018, 03:49:28 PM
I'm going to have to admit defeat for the time being because the way the game handles raids is more complex than I thought. I simply don't have the time right now because I really should work on my college apps and then I have some mods of my own to update and otherwise work on.

Hello! It's alright. I've been there, the all too familiar excitement to help someone out with something, then life hits you like a ton of bricks and you have to deal with it's crap before anything else.

You can drop the project altogether, I won't hold anything against you at all. I understand. I'm very grateful you gave it the ol' schoolboy try, I could hand this over to someone like Jecrell or Albion later, who I am trying to bribe with my spare change to code for me (though they're actually super busy as well, rip)

I appreciate you stepping forward to offer help, and you didn't have to re-introduce yourself I remembered you of course. You have to take care of yourself first before college makes you lose your mind with all the adulty decisionsy and the terrifying thought of having to pay for rent one day. I was there too. (Still am, rip)

Take care! I do hope to see you later on, see how you're doing then

Quote from: Skynert on October 21, 2018, 03:49:59 PM
Quote from: Chicken Plucker on October 21, 2018, 01:48:19 PM

Yep.

Yes, indeed

Bolty

Appreciate the work you put into these great mods CP. I especially love the weapons mod and I think the vanilla game is almost unplayable without it! Can't wait until its updated.  ;D

Skynert

Ey, there is any penalty for using black hat station? 5 in game days and I have 20k silver.

Madman666

Well the FBI raids are temporarily put on hold, but otherwise - you got 20k - you ll get more people trying to eat your face off to get them from you. Agreed that making 20k in 5 days is kind of crazy.