How much longer until we can get some security measures?

Started by Ramsis, June 15, 2014, 10:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

I'm talking stronger doors, watch towers, better gear, traps, bait, etc!

Nothing says stay the hell away from my base like a bunch of snipers patrolling a walled area and sitting in watch towers that increase their range by quite a bit. Also with all due respect there should be some bunker/foxhole buildings by now to let our guys hide in because the sandbags just aren't cutting it. Idk, I just know a lot of people are getting violated by the giant gunbugs and there isn't much that can be done about it just yet and the defense ability of most bases is just a big line of gunners and a turret or two, we need more security options Ty :<
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Garen

mechanoids are built for destroying bases and defenses, what you need is an outpost where you can run and gun

Ramsis

Quote from: Garen on June 15, 2014, 10:44:15 PM
mechanoids are built for destroying bases and defenses, what you need is an outpost where you can run and gun

I like this idea!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Crimsonknight3

I still agree with the OP that there needs to be some high-tech endgame content that makes dealing with them slightly easier. Would need a lot of balancing to ensure it didn't make the game too easy. Some people like to create elaborate automated defences and leave their pawns to live happy gun-free lives. BUUUUT saying that, ty already has an endgame in mind so I won't moan :p

AwesumnisRawr188

I'd like to see more upgrades to turrets, sorta like tower defense lol. Like a rocket launcher, flamethrower, laser, and minigun.

Quasarrgames

On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Ramsis

Quote from: Quasarrgames on June 17, 2014, 06:26:58 PM
Umm... we're getting mortars in the next update

Oh boy, one small thing... it's not enough though.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

christhekiller

ARE we though!? The changelog only mentions raiders building the siege weapons.

Architect

Quote from: christhekiller on June 18, 2014, 07:36:57 AM

Well, we're getting mortar shells that explode, same thing right? :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Ramsis

Quote from: Architect on June 18, 2014, 08:11:16 AM
Quote from: christhekiller on June 18, 2014, 07:36:57 AM

Well, we're getting mortar shells that explode, same thing right? :P

Honestly though Architect it's not enough. Where are the foxholes, watchtowers, guard job, etc? I'm still baffled as to why I can't raise an alarm for my people and have them intelligently prepare for defense.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Haplo

If you're unsatisfied with the pace that Tynan integrates new stuff, I recommend this thing called mods :P

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on June 16, 2014, 04:06:09 PM
I still agree with the OP that there needs to be some high-tech endgame content that makes dealing with them slightly easier. Would need a lot of balancing to ensure it didn't make the game too easy. Some people like to create elaborate automated defences and leave their pawns to live happy gun-free lives. BUUUUT saying that, ty already has an endgame in mind so I won't moan :p

You know, complex traps (or simple traps) or both would be handy, would give a nice dwarf fortress vibe as-well, and complexity would vary by player skill as-well, making it easier to balance... (I also want to create an awesome trap complex system)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK