[Mod Suggestion] Harvesting rainwater.

Started by Sion, June 16, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sion

As we know there is no lakes or flowing water in Rim World however sometimes it rains, and most humans need to drink something sometimes therefore I would like a mechanism that can harvest that water while it rains.

Theory:
* Combine the functions of a Solar generator and a nutrient past dispenser,
but the "solar generator" only works while it is raining, and it produces water instead of energy.
* Larger water collectors would generate more water.

Primary use:
* Colonists can drink the water.

Secondary use:
* Bath/shower.
* Store in tanks for later use.
* pump up water to a water tower so it can later be used to generate electricity by flowing over a waterwheel connected to a generator when a eclipse occur.
* Water the plants in the gardens to make them grow faster.
* Research: Cleaning teck 2,
** Mopping the floors witch gives a happiness bonus.
More?

I think it would be a interesting challenge to create this mod myself but I have no idea how to mod in Rim World, and I have a limited coding experiences from other languages but I know noting about XML, so if you can do it then go ahead.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Bozzarr

i like this idea , placing pipes (like power conduits) but when the pipe is cut you will slowly pour all the water on the ground , making plants around grow faster and such. It is a great idea for a mod but in my opinion it is even better idea for game as a whole.

vagineer1

Quote from: Bozzarr on June 17, 2014, 01:03:03 PM
i like this idea , placing pipes (like power conduits) but when the pipe is cut you will slowly pour all the water on the ground , making plants around grow faster and such. It is a great idea for a mod but in my opinion it is even better idea for game as a whole.

Maybe you could build basic water collection towers out of wood and colonists transport the water to a storage tank for pumping around the base.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.