A withdrawal story also I welcome everyone to share their story

Started by Tober6fire, May 06, 2018, 01:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tober6fire

I welcome everyone to share their coloniests withdrawal stories and how it affected the pawns daily life and the daily life of the colony.

I am also going to share my story of a colonist named Pi (since his intelligence level is 17) who I am going to try and update from time to time since even though his withdrawal is over he is still getting affected by the crazy events, illness, and possibly crazy powers that happened during his withdrawal. Take in mind that my colony right now is in its early stage and is barely scraping along since the difficulty is intense.
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.

Tober6fire

My story begins with 3 colonies named Emmi, Ichabod, and Pi who all crashed landed on this thriving landscape with lots of animals and trees to start a basic foundation. Once we crashed landed we only had a basic rifle, revolver, and a palsteel steel knife. Ichabod as our hunter equipped the rifle and made sure that the pesky animals he hunted would die and supply the meat we needed. Even though Ichabod sounds like a cold blooded killer he loves plants with a passion of a green thumb and makes sure that the plants will grow and supply us the food we need for the coming winter. Emmi as our plant cutter and cook is equipped with the revolver but because of her level 2 shooting skills won't see much animal hunting but will certainly see enough slaughter in her kitchen to feel not much empthy for them. Now Pi is a defilcult case equipped with a palsteel knife with a childhood of a programmer and a adulthood of an AI programming and constructing robots he was the perfect colonist except for one thing his addiction of smoke weed. His tolerance of this drug was heavy and his withdrawal was at 43% at this time and so far I was able to relay on him for my most expert work (I will give the levels of the pawns later). In time we managed to set up three rooms for the coloniest and a big storage room were it also acts as Emmi's kitchen for butchering and cooking the simple meals. It is at this point we got our first raid where we were attacked by three melee warriors who rufused to drop dead even if they were shot in the head and some of theirlimbs shot off. fortunately we managed to kill them and come out with a few scratches it was only later when the man hunters came did I start seeing the affects of withdrawal (it was at 60%) really start affecting Pi.

The manhunters came with a hord of savage dogs that looked impossible to beat I did the one thing I could do I made the coloniest run to their rooms and sleep for the night. During the night I fortunately got my 4th member of the colony Svetiana who was a level 5 shooter perfect for the revolver so I quickly sent Svetiana to Emmi so that Emmi could give her revolver and made Pi with the palsteel knife defend Svetiana while Emmi opened the door. The first dead body of the dogs blocked the door from closing which allowed the dogs to come in, in a swarm that almost devored Pi. Luckily I had Ichabod come out with his rifle and managed to clear out the crowd before they could devour Pi. I feared the worst for Pi and did not anticipate the amount of pain and agony Pi will have to endure during his treatment.

Pi was bursed biten and shot by one of Ichabod's bulets in the left leg. It didn't look good for Pi plus with his withdrawal I felt pity for Pi and tried to give him the best medicine I had. I guess his imune system wasn't working so well and he was bleeding out too much because he became infected with malaria. During his treatment stages (by Svetiana who was fortunately a level 5 doctor) Pi increasingly over time lost his conscious and his illness had already reached 90% when a new "illness" appeared that seemed to strengthen him rather then weaken him. (I forgot the name of it and will put the name of the thing that caused Pi's superpowers) this "illness" gave Pi a 50% increasing in blood filtration, blood pumping, movement, and manipulation. It did have its side affect though and and increased the pain threshold by 20%, but I believe and still believe that once he got does bounces he managed to rise up from his illness that barely killed him from having a 98% illnesse before having a immunity.

At this point his withdrawal stage is at 80% and is starting to look like a badass after all the suffering he indured. Unfortunately his suffering only began. It was now Fall closer to winter then ever and Pi was up on his feet helping build Svetiana's roomwhen he heard shots in the distance. The hunters were asked to hunt the local deer herd that came in seeing as though the crops will never grow in time they needed a reliable source of food or meat they could always fall back on of food got too scarce. But the hunters weren't expecting the deers to try and fight back, Now a whole herd of deer is wishing for revenge and of course went after Svetiana. Scetiana being the big girl she is has asthma and could run as fast as Ichabod could so naturally Scetiana was the first to go down with major bruising and cuts that left her on the floor in a dieing heap. Ichabod saw this and tried to distract and kill the deers while Emmi tried to rescue Svetiana and bring her to safety. Ichabod had no chance against the herd and went down the same way as Svetiana the deer once's finished with Ichabod tried to swarm Emmi too when she was desperately trying to run away. That's when Pi came to save the day with his palsteel knife and enchanted body function Pi fought with everything he had killing ten deer as they tried to down him. Pi still standing and bleeding all over plus being the only available doctor caried Ichabod to the medical word and healed Ichabod, Svetiana, and Emmi (she got attacked once or twice from the deer) to full health only to crash himself in the medical word with an infection in his left leg probably from Ichabod's shot residue. Pi at this moment was at 95% withdrawal and now had an infection in his left leg. I fought so long for him that I couldn't see him die from infection, I had Svetiana cut off his left foot and replace it with a peg leg. My It was sad that I had to do it but it needed to be done at lest now his withdrawal is gone with his addiction to smoke weed. However the illness that gave him his superpowers is still in him and I will continue updating the story of Pi until he finally gets a mechanical leg that he right fully deserves.

Right now I am going to give links to the picture of my colony at the moment and I plan on giving links later on about the stats of each colonist that you see on this story

Colony:  https://m.imgur.com/a/VVwZ0a9
I love stories and I hope that everyone try's to contribute in telling their stories as it is interesting and intriguing to see people connect through the tales they create.

Justin Case

Im playing Rimworld for quite a while now, and I really love this game! I guess just like everybody lurking on this forum :D So I got one story to share, which is stuck in my mind.

I had a colony with 10 people living there. Some social fightings going on occasionaly, some love affairs happening. One day, two of my settlers decided to get marry. There was big joy in the colony, and the ceremony was happening. Just as it ends, raiders were coming in. So the fresh husband was called for defense duty, with the other males (sorry I like that ladies are away from the battlefield). The figthing was fierce but we managed to defend the whole settlement with minor damages to the defensive line (a big wall, surrounding the whole complex). But.... and it is a big but.... one of the attackers managed to throw a handgranade next to the husband and the explosion ripped off his left leg. Some colonist where rushing to help the poor bastard, but he bled away as he was taken to the hospital. He didnt even managed to have his honeymoon, the wife was devastated, but life goes on... life on the Rim can be quiet fast

Tober6fire

Cool also sorry about adding very little to my story at a time I have very limited time on posting due to daily life and I only manage to add a little per time since I have more access to my phone then my computer which is why some story events take longer because I want to get the exact name.

Tober6fire

reserved