i think there should be guard posts in the game

Started by encelor, May 11, 2018, 10:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

encelor

Hi i am new to the forums and i think there should be guard posts in the game where the guards stands at their designated posts till their break time and i think you should be able to schedule their break times so not all are gone at the same time to eat or sleep

what do you all think?

Yoshida Keiji

I want this.

Guard, could just be an additional task in the "Work Tab". The Guard Post could be a furniture like a chair that can be assigned to pawns (like beds), for the case of ranged fighters. We could also have an exclusive zone area for melee fighters to "patrol". Those assigned to Guard duty can easily have their schedules altered already within the restrict tab.

The Guard job would be useful at least for me for those pawns who have both "Bad back" & "Frail" and cannot do cleaning. Due to their 50% reduction in moving speed, I only have them in Home Zone, because Cooking would delay meal production, Construction would take forever, Growing exposes them too much if plantations are outside your walls, Mining... forget it, and Crafting is okay only for non quality items such as stone block production since their manipulation is also reduced to 50%...plus for instance the one pawn I have right now is also Incapable of Cleaning...but a good shooter with one flame for interest. So she spends and spent a good portion of her time just wandering around. A bit deserved because of retirement age...she is 66... So planting her at an outpost would at least cover for her uselessness.

Once somebody is assigned to a guard post, a Raid alarm triggering should also forbid the designated pawn to do anything else and not abandon her spot neither to eat or sleep unless a request to "X" dialogue opens to the player.