[Mod Suggestion] Obliviousness?

Started by dodger0788, May 14, 2018, 03:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodger0788

I personally play maps for an extremely long time before things get too out of control and people die, so I usually end up with around 50ish colonists who have relations with each other and it's annoying how when someone's wife on the other side of the map dies everyone automatically knows even though they haven't seen her body or watched her die. This is especially annoying if there's a toxic fallout and one of your colonists dies outside while the rest are trapped inside and automatically have mental breaks from a colonist dying even though they haven't witnessed their death or seen a body.
What I'm trying to suggest is if no other colonists witness a death it could show up with "Missing" instead of dead and once a colonist sees the body whenever they walk past someone they spread the news until everyone knows that colonist has died. The debuff for a colonist with relation to you being missing would be about a quarter less than if they knew they were dead. This could make the game harder as you would try to keep your colonists from wandering over to the body and finding out the truth. You could also make the missing relation debuff grow overtime until it's more beneficial to just let the colonist see the body.

Rucelk

Wow, this is a really great idea. I'd actually wish that there was a mod like this so that it would be funny forcing your colonists to stray away from the body.
It's like we're the same person me and you, we both don't know what we can do.