[MOD] (Alpha 6) Mushroom ModA6 1.01 Compatability fix + options

Started by Jerethi50, June 19, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raufgar

Loved the mushrooms, covered all my bases except I can't sell them to the vendors...
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Jerethi50

Quote from: Raufgar on June 28, 2014, 12:41:01 AM
Loved the mushrooms, covered all my bases except I can't sell them to the vendors...

I have noticed that editing the trader files (wich is what you have to do to make something sellable) doesnt merge with various mods, so when more than one mod does it, it tends to pick one (i am not sure how) and thats the trader file it sticks with, while i could make the mushrooms tradeable, it would likely break traders for any other mod your using that adds trad able resources, What i would like to see, is someone developing a tool that reads all trader files in your mod folders and merges them, that would be a nice trick :)

XanderDox

Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 04, 2014, 03:57:18 PM
Updated to alpha 5

Would you mind if I added this to "Creatures Galore" in its next update? I'm trying to get more plants ect in, and I'd love to add this.

Jerethi50

Quote from: XanderDox on July 18, 2014, 01:44:59 PM
Quote from: Jerethi50 on July 04, 2014, 03:57:18 PM
Updated to alpha 5

Would you mind if I added this to "Creatures Galore" in its next update? I'm trying to get more plants ect in, and I'd love to add this.

sure, would you mind if i add creatures galore to my all in one modpack ? :)

XanderDox

Yes actually, you are not allowed to use it. JK~~~~ I dont mind, not at all! Be warned though, it is updated quite a lot, this will probably stop in a few days, but for now, I keep adding content! Be sure to constantly check back for updates on it daily!

Thanks for permission to use this, should be a nice flora addition to CGP!

Somz

Awesome, now I can have my vegetarian salad.
No I'm not a vegetarian, I'm just too lazy to order the colonists to hunt...
Berries, potato and shrooms. Sweet.
Anyway, I took the liberty of modifying both the def and texture a little, it produced too much in my opinion, and the texture annoyed me a little (too much) on hydroponics. ^^
Thanks for the mod!
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

Jerethi50

Updated to alpha 6, Mushrooms now only grow in the dark. So either get some farm able soil in a cave or build a building around your mushroom fields :) Subterranean farming here we come.

they still grow outside fine at night. But any light source even player built will keep them from growing.

Howeln

YES!!!   I love this food option, but growing in the sun always seemed odd.

Somz

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 15, 2014, 02:27:08 PM
Updated to alpha 6, Mushrooms now only grow in the dark. So either get some farm able soil in a cave or build a building around your mushroom fields :) Subterranean farming here we come.

they still grow outside fine at night. But any light source even player built will keep them from growing.

Could you make an alternative mod with the old shrooms? It's good they are growing in the dark but that they only grow in the dark...
If it's for balancing reasons it won't change a thing, so they should at least grow in lit in my opinion. =|
My grower is going nuts!
To beer or not to beer.

Jerethi50

sorry the only reason they didn't do this before is because i didn't know how, mushrooms do not grow in the light, they are fungi, fungi thrives in dark and damp places with lots of nutrients, But seriously you can just build a small "house" with a roof around your mushroom patch and they will grow 24/7

Abrexus

Excellent mod and idea!  I really admire how you got them to grow in the dark!

Somz

Quote from: Jerethi50 on August 16, 2014, 07:43:06 AM
sorry the only reason they didn't do this before is because i didn't know how, mushrooms do not grow in the light, they are fungi, fungi thrives in dark and damp places with lots of nutrients, But seriously you can just build a small "house" with a roof around your mushroom patch and they will grow 24/7

Say what?! Mushrooms do not grow in light?!... Are you kidding me, right? :o
"Mushrooms" are basically the fruits of the fungi, some of them are totally unaffected by light, most of those you can buy in stores do require some light and some fungi won't even fruit without its presence.

But it really is irrelevant, and so is the way I use them, I only asked you if you could include or upload another one that grows in light as well.
To beer or not to beer.

Jerethi50

i have no plans of releasing seperate versions of my mods, sorry., you can go into the def file for the plant and change the thingclass of shroombase from PlantNight back to Plant, Then it will grow like a normal plant, only in light, and only during the day (thats a new alpha 6 requirement tynan put in nothing i did).

Jerethi50

Changelog:
A61.01 -
Should now be compatible with new biome mods, however will still conflict with any mod altering the two stock biomes this modifys.
Also added an optional version that has the old functionality of mushrooms growing in all light conditions all day. it will be available as a separate download, DO NOT USE BOTH AT ONCE!