64 bit?

Started by XTCProbstA2, June 06, 2018, 02:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XTCProbstA2

Anyone have any idea if Ludeon stuidos is working on a 64 bit for the game? The last update happened back in November 18 2017. I was just wondering if they were working on updating the game or making it compatible with a 64 bit version. Just wondering, not asking. Would be kinda cool. I want to work with a bigger map then 400x400. I want to see 800x800 or even 1000x1000 Map size. I know you can already make the sizes that big, but then you are running close to running out of the limit of memory.

XTCProbstA2

https://rimworlddevtracker.com/ I found this about 1.0 I'm guessing no 64 bit, by the looks of it.

BlackSmokeDMax

Linux build is 64 bit only if that'll work for you.

Someone on Steam noticed a new repo added a couple months ago for 64 bit windows, so maybe that will be a thing with 1.0, Could be Tynan just didn't want to support multiple versions on Windows during development, but will have it now for release. Haven't seen any confirmation of that though, so take of it what you will.

TastyCookies

Honestly if they keep adding content past 1.0 (hoping they do), the game is gonna require more memory to load them in which will make the game consume more memory on startup and your playthroughs short and small.

kenmtraveller

They are definitely 'working on' a 64 bit version of the game.  There is a 64 bit depot on Steam with a 64 bit version of the main Windows 64 bit executable on it; a link has been posted to Reddit.  No idea how far along the conversion is though, or whether it will ever be released.

TastyCookies

Quote from: kenmtraveller on June 07, 2018, 11:32:09 AM
They are definitely 'working on' a 64 bit version of the game.  There is a 64 bit depot on Steam with a 64 bit version of the main Windows 64 bit executable on it; a link has been posted to Reddit.  No idea how far along the conversion is though, or whether it will ever be released.
Can I have a link to that please? I would love to see it.

Edit: Yep I can confirm that they are indeed working on a 64-bit version, SteamDB lists a 64-bit version of Rimworld under the depot section, last known modification of it was February of this year. Here is the link for anyone else that wants to see. Will it improve performance? Maybe. Will it allow people to throw alot of mods in the game while playing a ludeoncrous map size and 100% globe coverage for a long time, absolutely.

Link: https://steamdb.info/app/294100/depots/

r3doctober85

Yes there is a 64 bit version of the game they are working on in steam. I have noticed that my fps is a bit lower but the game seems to run better.

SihvMan

Unstable build has a 64bit mode.

XTCProbstA2

I just popped back in to see this, it wasn't notifying me that anyone responded .-. but thank you everyone that responded giving me information on it.