Unstable build feedback thread

Started by Tynan, June 16, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverPire

I would like just to tell that boars are a little bit smarter than pigs, so I don't understand why they are moved to Intermediate and pigs stay in Advanced Intelligence.
Maybe to fix an exploit I didn't know.

(Just for information, two generations are enough to transform a boar into a pig and inversely, so their stats should be roughly equals)
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Mihsan

Dumb priority of repairing over building strikes again!

Raiders in drop pods right in the middle of my base and make a lot of holes in roof. Lots of gunfire, lots of damaged stuff, I win.

What my constructors do for next 3 days? They repair bullet holes everywhere. What is the problem with that? There are giant holes from drop pods in the roofs everywhere (during cold winter!) and my constructors ignore them. Good thing that I saw that and remembered about roof overlay to make manual fixing simpler. Repairing should really be shifted lower in priority list over construction and roof building or even be transfered/cloned to different work type (like basic).
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Lori1979

not sure if a bug or intended: it used to be that if I told a pawn to "rest until healed", he would stay in bed until healed. Now every single time they get out of bed, and I have to repeat the process over and over again. Not the kind of micromanaging I would like to have.

Wanderer_joins

Crashlanded, Cassandra extreme, permadeath, boreal forest.
So far, so good, i like most balance changes.

* ressources are scarcier, I like that smelting steel slag chunk is a real thing on boreal forest. Maybe could we smelt simple helmets or plate armors? whatabout disassembling power armors and flak vest/ pants?

* growing times: i've been caught off guard on this one, veggies have been clearly the limiting factor so far, where meat has been enough to feed my colonists and dozen of huskies, veggies where on the table only 1/3 of the year. Same for herbal, half the playthrough i was on herbal shortage. Hydroponics seem nerfed, but it's a good thing that solar flares no longer kill the crops in seconds. But it requires more planning which is good. No problem with wood in a boreal forest.

* biome: 4 years in it looks like day one

* ships: the limited raidius to poison ships makes it irrelevant if it crashes in a remote zone of the map. I've destroyed one, the next one fell in a corner of the map for two seasons now, i don't plan to touch it, i don't know if multiple poison ship could be a thing now, but it should since you can simply ignore remote poison ships.

* mechanoids: i like the split melee/ range for scythers. It offers new strategies, and they're rather weak. Centipedes are tough, but still slow af, so you can kite them or ambush them one by one with overwhelming fire power

* mood: i enjoy the new recreation system, with various sources and one mandatory joy hour per day i've had no big trouble to fulfill recreation. Parties have been severely nerfed. Psychic drone have been buffed and are really impactful.

* raids: the most significant aspects are split raids and the fight to death behavior. It makes a real difference in difficulty vs the 50% casualties threshold to flee. 4 years in raids are still brutal on my colony. Each colonist has its role and each loss is a setback. Raiders no longer the many assault weapons and charge rifle. Which means we've to craft our own.

* weapons: health points no longer change their stats? chain shotgun is a really good short range weapon, ideal to fight sappers indoors

* diplomatic system: really nice but it seems too easy to buy goodwill with gifts

* jobs: with the colony taking much damage and broken walls, it's nice to have the icon for autorebuild, but it would also be useful to split repair/construction to be able to rebuild asap after the raid without having to micro

* economy: i'm rather poor, i crashlanded into an area without friendly outlander faction nearby and one neutral tribal faction. I started making art relatively lately and only to improve the colony, i mostly bought neutroamine and components and crafted what i needed.

* animals: only a dozen of huskies here, i haven't noticed the difference regarding training decay

* quests: much better deals, good to be able to ask for an AI core

mood:

wealth:

pop:

Alenerel

Quote from: NeverPire on June 24, 2018, 08:59:08 AM
I would like just to tell that boars are a little bit smarter than pigs, so I don't understand why they are moved to Intermediate and pigs stay in Advanced Intelligence.
Maybe to fix an exploit I didn't know.

(Just for information, two generations are enough to transform a boar into a pig and inversely, so their stats should be roughly equals)

I think is kinda obvious but Tynan is trying to balance the game for gameplay purposes, not for real life simulation. He nerfed boars cause they were better than pigs since they did more damage and provided same meat and leather and everything else, pigs were redundant. Now he balanced it so that pigs are better for hauling and boars are better for combat.

Mihsan

6 components for lousy prosthetic parts? This is definitely too much. I think that 3 or 4 would be more reasonable.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: Mihsan on June 24, 2018, 09:00:34 AM
Dumb priority of repairing over building strikes again!

Raiders in drop pods right in the middle of my base and make a lot of holes in roof. Lots of gunfire, lots of damaged stuff, I win.

What my constructors do for next 3 days? They repair bullet holes everywhere. What is the problem with that? There are giant holes from drop pods in the roofs everywhere (during cold winter!) and my constructors ignore them. Good thing that I saw that and remembered about roof overlay to make manual fixing simpler. Repairing should really be shifted lower in priority list over construction and roof building or even be transfered/cloned to different work type (like basic).

Tynan... get us the "Repair job" back on the Work Tab... Why you don't do this?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35272.0

Aerial

Lots of great improvements in this build. 

I really like the new art, overall.  The leather, logs and wind turbine are nice changes.  Very crisp and detailed.  Of course, now some of the older art looks kind of fuzzy in comparison.  The trees, in particular, struck me that way.  And as much as I love having the wild berry bushes, the perfect circles for the berries doesn't fit (IMO) with the rest of the aesthetic.

Love the simplified leathers! 

The opportunistic hauling has been working pretty well and is a nice addition. 

Also loving the new social thoughts.  I've giggled at a few, though I can't remember them now.  The pawns now joke about things, so it would be cool if they occasionally got a "heard a good joke" moodlet or "heard a bad joke" moodlet.

Did something change with regards to how far pawn will walk to sit and eat at a table?  I have never had issues with storing meals in the freezer right next door to my dining room.  Pawns would fetch a meal and sit down at the table to eat, no problem.  But now I have to store meals in the dining room to get them to use the table.

Also, is building floors prioritized over everything but roofs?  I want my constructors to work on flooring only when everything else is done because pretty much everything else is more important.  Floors can be filler work between other construction tasks.  Right now, I have to micro them to build a stove or a windmill or walls if there are any flooring blueprints in the area.  Or, alternately, I have to micro forbidding and unforbidding flooring whenever I put down another blueprint.  It may just be that the flooring covers a large area so it's closer to the pawn and gets selected, but it still seems like it should have a lower priority than most other things.  (This isn't new to b18.  The behavior is no different from previous builds.)

Thanks for all the hard work, Tynan!  This game is one of my all-time favorites.

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: Madman666 on June 23, 2018, 01:05:36 PM
Seeing as another update is up

- Still hope that raiders being capable of self-tending will be brought back. It felt very right. It felt like they had brains... Until next update lobotomized them again.

Nope, raiders self healing is causing them to tend themselves in the open like sitting ducks. That is brain-less.

Ser Kitteh

I just wanna point out how it's a good idea that "releasing prisoners" is put under basic. Saves your social experts for more important task.

While we're at it, could we also move re/installing furniture to basic to? There's no real need to have Constructors that's working on the new rooms just to move the bed away a few tiles.

ALSO repair should really be it's own task, and deconstruction should be a higher priority than construction.

As for self tend, either raiders should should hide behind cover, or you keep that for friendly pawns.

Speaking of friendly pawns, see, one of the tribal caravans had an unfortunate incident in meleeing a centipede. I was throwing my EMP grenades at them, but then everytime it hit the tribals they lose relations. The reason is obvious, but I think throwing EMP grenades should not count as hostile.

Restricting a job to a Colonist also has yet to show passions as well. There needs a "forbid after storing" option, especially for pemmican and survival meals because we need those for travel.

xion1088

I don't know if this has been suggested already and sorry if this isn't the place to such things but it would be great if passive coolers could be forbidden so pawns don't refuel them constantly when they're not needed, it's a waste of wood for me honestly, wood in 1.0 isn't as easy to get as before.

Madman666

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on June 24, 2018, 10:40:13 AM
Nope, raiders self healing is causing them to tend themselves in the open like sitting ducks. That is brain-less.

Did they really? For me they started patching themselves up only when not engaged in combat. But i guess if thats so, it was removed due to being a potential exploit (attack, pull away, then reengage, when they started tending to themselves). Still i wish it be brought back with some fixes - like they stop tending if your colonists are too close\if they got shot at again.

Because while bandaging wounds in an open field under hail of bullets is stupid, so is getting a gaping wound from LMG or charge rifle in the chest, then just watching the red splatter, dying in couple hours, without a slight effort at survival\retreating.

Aerial

Another change I am not sure of (intended, bug?):

Donning a parka now only seems to affect the low end of the comfortable temperature spectrum.  Is that intended?  If so, it seems odd.  My pawns were able to keep wearing parkas through a heatwave with no worse effects than those in t-shirts.

fritzgryphon

Weird behavior, not sure if intended:

Double-clicking on a construction blueprint to multi-select them only selects exactly 80 of the blueprints, even if there are more.  Tried carpet and wall blueprints.

edit:  Ok, it does this for multi-selecting items as well.  It would be nice to be able to multi-select all of them, for example, in the case of forbidding hundreds of carpet blueprints. 

Serina

Training tab for animals show training decay intervals when you hover over that particular animal's wildness. Very useful!
I just noticed this earlier this morning, not sure how long it has been there or if it was just recently implemented but it's pretty cool imo.  8)

Also, seems once an animal is bonded training boosts to 100% no matter what lvl your animal handler is.
It took my colonist 17 days to tame a female polar bear at around 4.6% and she bonded with my colonist halfway through the training process. Normal training % chance went from 30% to 100%. At first I thought the success chance increase was influenced by the food used in training (kibble vs. raw meat) but tested it out with another polar bear that wasn't bonded and the training success chance stayed the same. Concluded that bonded animals currently train 100%, which is especially awesome for harder to train animals. Very much like!

Edit: Just got Inspired Creativity on my female colonist that has Artistic disabled.  :-[