[1.0.1938-1.0.1943] Game lags when right mousebutton menu is active.

Started by ReZpawner, June 19, 2018, 04:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReZpawner

Whenever I right click anyone to do anything, while the menu is active, the game stutters and slows down to a crawl. I can only assume that it's a function that's being spammed continuesly while the menu is active.

name_here

Slvrcrystal

Same here.  Started when I was doing a lot of right clicks to micro a blight with many pawns while paused.  It doesn't always happen but when it does I tend to lose my mouse pointer.

Also (only sometimes) hangs for 3? Seconds when zooming in/out with middle mouse button.  Occasionally stops lagging for 10? Minutes then randomly starts again. 

Had it hang n the middle of making a caravan.  When it unfroze, my mouse was outside of the game window on my second monitor.  When I got back in game I lost my caravan settings from clicking outside the caravan window (?). :(

Also hung for 3? seconds when bringing up the menu to save game.

InstantAli3n

Here as well, 1.0.1939 x64.

The more things in the menu, the less FPS!
I get roughly:
27fps with 6 right click options. GPU usage goes from around 30% -> 2%
48fps with 4 right click options.
58fps with 2 right click options.
164fps SOLID with no right click. That is what I am capped at. I have a 165Hz 1440p display.

CPU usage drops as well, but it looks like a rendering issue involving GPU with lower CPU usage as a side effect of lower FPS.

I hope this makes it easier to figure out @Tynan if you haven't already. (You probably have). :)

ReZpawner

ReZpawner

ReZpawner

ReZpawner

Mihsan

Pain, agony and mechanoids.