Graveyards instead of graves

Started by Zombull, June 27, 2018, 11:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombull

Instead of digging graves, it would be nice if we could designate areas as graveyards. When a body needs to be buried, pawns carrying the corpse automatically dig the grave. It should only require dumb labor, not construction.

Kranzius

Vito1189

Call me Clap

AileTheAlien

This would definitely save time fiddling around setting allowed-corpses, and making the blueprints in the first place, but you wouldn't have control over how your graveyard looks anymore. For example, I can have all my colonists buried in different stone caskets in a checkerboard-pattern, but I bury all the raiders and pets in a spiral of normal graves. Or I could have a random mixture of expensive caskets and graves, in an organic-looking arrangement. Or put them all in rows, with the caskets on the western end of the graveyard, and the cheap graves on the eastern end.

Adamiks

Good idea, maybe add mass graves that are bigger but fit more people (it's already a mod, as well)

Trokia003

I dont even bother with burying people. I just pile the bodies in a stockpile area and burn them

AileTheAlien

I don't even bother setting raiders on fire; I just pile them in a zone far enough away from my base. Sometimes I bury a pawn in a casket, but usually I bury them in a grave...actually I pile them with the raiders too. Is there even a penalty for not burying your own colonists / pets?

Ambaire

Quote from: AileTheAlien on June 28, 2018, 07:55:34 PM
Is there even a penalty for not burying your own colonists / pets?

Well, in dwarf fortress, if you don't lay a dwarf to rest in a certain timeframe, they return as an angry ghost and haunt your fortress and randomly trigger levers. I doubt that RimWorld wants to add pawn ghosts, but I think there should be some sort of penalty. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Ghost

Adamiks

I'm pretty sure there used to be mood penalty like "colonist left unburied". Was it removed?