Hide details of enemy pawns.

Started by Zombull, July 08, 2018, 08:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombull

An enemy pawn should be a mystery. You shouldn't get to know everything about them as soon as they appear on the map. You shouldn't even know their name. They should just be "Enemy" or "Enemy 1", "Enemy 2" etc.

When they're downed, their health tab should be accessible, but still nothing else.

If you take one captive, then you can learn more about them through either the "friendly chat" warden job or an "interrogate" warden job.

This would both be more immersive and would eliminate the "cheese tactic" of checking a pawn's character sheet and deciding whether to recruit them or let them die in the field.

cactusmeat

I have to agree, this would make me capture anyone that is downed instead of leaving people to bleed out. should probably be the case for escape pod folks as well, until they are well enough to talk.

Wanderer_joins

I agree raiders' tabs should be hidden until captured, and then maybe all deemed guilty for 24hours to balance.

Jibbles

Wouldn't mind if their skills and possibly traits were hidden.. I disagree about their names and health tab being hidden.

Zombull

Quote from: Jibbles on July 09, 2018, 10:04:11 AM
Wouldn't mind if their skills and possibly traits were hidden.. I disagree about their names and health tab being hidden.

Logically, their name should be known only if one of your colonists has some sort of relationship or at least acquaintanceship with them.

Other than that, you should only have information that could be gleaned by visually observing a person. You could see a gushing bullet wound to the neck, for instance, but not that they also have asthma or a bad liver.