1.0 Way more raids etc.?

Started by Mojito000, July 23, 2018, 06:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojito000

Hey All

I am currently on my second playtrough with 1.0. First one was on normal as usual second one on easy setting.

The game feels like it is way way more difficult than before. Raids are coming in waaay more often, blige, heat waves, infestations etc. etc. are comming in like every 10-15min you get something. I even managed to get two raids at the same time (one was from a crash pot rescue the other a normal one)

I do like a challenge, but this does take the fun out of the game for me.

Razzoriel

How is your setup regarding raids? What strategy are you using? What storyteller?

Tynan

Weird, nothing changed that would cause this that I'm aware of.

You can look in your History tab and see the dates of raids. Can you write down the date sequence so we can see how many days were in between?

Also of course, what storyteller?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mojito000

Cassandra classic Medium or Builder
I dit not even know i could change the raid settings? Where is that?

It is not just the raids. It is all the events happen waaay to often waaay to quickly after each other!
Like you get a raid, ok, raid is just finished you get the blige, ok, while you get a heat wave.. and bling, a inverstation, bling next raid, bling investation, bling spaceship... And all that like within half a hour or 45min of gameplay.

This is a HUGE difference from before 1.0

First i thought that was just the buggy 1.0 unstable version, that is why i started again. But it seems to be the same now a couple weeks later.

To put it in context i have 263 hours on the steam clock on this game. Not a huge number, but i think i understand the game mechanics and i can play the game.
I would also say that the early attacks (at least) are well ballanced to be "easy" i can handle it fine. I can get to the spaceship building part in the game. But the fun is gone. I am just constantly hit with these events.

And i don't understand why the forums are not full of complaints about this. So maybe i did mess up a setting or something??

I am at the office right now. But i can check the history tonight

Tynan

There's really no difference in these systems; we didn't touch them (though I did some refactor in the last 2 days).

So it may just be luck, or something?

Anyway, if you could post the save or history that'd be great.

You can choose Phoebe the storyteller for a more relaxed experience.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Eterm

I noticed this too, I had a game where I had a consistent drip of raids. Oddly, not every raid showed in the history tab either. I could see the envelope but no 'raid' icon in the history graph.

I'll see if my current save is affected, but I've been restarting a lot recently (generally starting each patch clean  :o ) so I might not have the log.

Eterm

Here's the history graph showing 3 or 4 raid dots, but you can see from the history (which I will post as a follow up to get around 600kb attachment limit) that there were 5 raids, 2 of which were the same day which could account for one of the dots missing but the other should show?

This was on v1971 Cassandra Rough, and admittedly I normally play medium but it was odd how cass was throwing raids at me which weren't appearing in the history.

Raids on:

12th Aprimay
4th Jugust
6th Jugust (with a mad ibex!)
14th Juguest (with a mad muffalo!)
14th Jugust

That's 5 raids plus 2 mad animals almost in the first month, is that normal for rough? I'd like a step up from 'medium' because the raids themselves there don't pose enough threat but this isn't a step it's a giant leap.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Eterm

History (part 1)

Eterm

History (part 2)

Eterm

Debug graph

KalkiKrosah

I've also been noticing raids happening more frequently. I've actually been raided twice in the same day by the same faction. Then 2-3 days later a different faction raided me. I like it though, it helps me update my weaponry sooner when I play my tribal games. I hardly ever use bows past the second and third raids since fire arms drop so frequently.

Mojito000

Well if i am not the only one then i am glad i brought it up.

Attached some pictures of a safe file. Not sure you can read a lot out of it though

Lilli

I've noticed the same, i'm playing on randy on medium and as soon as the factions start to get hostile, because of not dealing with them, i get one raid after another. Before that i got rarely any raids.

I used to play on though, but this time i had the feeling it got harder and i should lower it.

zizard

Possibly due to the fix that guarantees a raid at the end of a threat interval.

Greep

It's always hard to tell with randy, but I have noticed this is absolutely insane this last month.

8th decemary-Raid
9th Decembary-Raid
10thDecembary-Raid
13thdecembary-Chased refugee
14th decembary-Raid
2nd Aprimay-Raid

5 raids and a refugee in about 3 weeks is weird even for randy.
1.0 Mods: Raid size limiter:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42721.0

MineTortoise:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42792.0
HELLO!

(WIPish)Strategy Mode: The experienced player's "vanilla"
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43044.0