Request: Lasers?

Started by Girlinhat, June 26, 2014, 12:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girlinhat

So it occurred to me while looking through a few things, that a lot of turret shots are wasted because they all fire nearly simultaneously and many shots are wasted on the same dead attacker.  And that the travel speed of a weapon's projectile is easily changed.

What would it take, then, to make a weapon that fires as a laser, with an instant or near-instant strike?  If done right, the weapon could be capable of firing multiple turrets/colonists very close together, but due to the instant hit they would all try to fire on different targets once the first had died.

The biggest problem I foresee, is that it'd make the projectile invisible, due to the speed of travel, which wouldn't look too good.  Having a flash of a line would be ideal.

Evul

Quote from: Girlinhat on June 26, 2014, 12:34:23 AM
So it occurred to me while looking through a few things, that a lot of turret shots are wasted because they all fire nearly simultaneously and many shots are wasted on the same dead attacker.  And that the travel speed of a weapon's projectile is easily changed.

What would it take, then, to make a weapon that fires as a laser, with an instant or near-instant strike?  If done right, the weapon could be capable of firing multiple turrets/colonists very close together, but due to the instant hit they would all try to fire on different targets once the first had died.

The biggest problem I foresee, is that it'd make the projectile invisible, due to the speed of travel, which wouldn't look too good.  Having a flash of a line would be ideal.

We are working slowly on making a linelaser shot for our lasguns. It needs to done by making a dll file assembl. I actually tested in the xml files and when I shot several shots when off track making it look silly. So a dll mod is definitely needed.

nuschler22

I would support this if you changed it slightly.

SHARKS with frickin laser beams.

That is all.

Jathomas

Well the laser guns already exist (check out the armoury mod for those here:http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1950.0) but they are looking at a gun of which its bullet is so fast that it hits the target instantly and so cannot miss.
Check out my mod ideas list HERE! (http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4384.0)

Ask me to advertise your mod, rate it, review it and suggest improvements!