My suggestions for the game so far

Started by reisman17, October 30, 2013, 09:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reisman17

Here are some of my ideas (some of which may have been covered elsewhere)

1. Make the landing pad more noticable. I have noticed when you purchase items (especially small items) they can be hard to spot on the ground. Maybe make it more like tarmac or concrete looking with its blinking lights (maybe gives us a few different color/texture choices please). 
2. Introduce an end game as follows :- once the communication machine has been built it will give an option  to find out roughly how long your colonists will be stranded for (e.g calling "home" and finding out an rough ETA for a rescue) . Just as a rough idea Easy 30-45 days Medium 40-70 days and Hard 70-100 days. If you decide you do not want to know you do not have to use it. I like this idea better than trying to build a space ship (which would be way more complicated). I would still make it a vague estimate only (e.g 35-40 days).
3. Maybe introduce earthquakes that could demolish along a certain fault line and destroy anything in its path. Would make it a bigger challenge when making a base in a good area however with a downside of being on a fault line especially when you expand your base.
4. Make  a chance  that Space Squirrels could chew through the power cables running across the ground.
5. Maybe introduce 2 types of pet A:- Space Cat - good for chasing away Space Squirrels and keeping them away from certain important areas
                                                 B :- Space Dog - good for chasing away/ rounding up Muffalo's
Both of these "pets" would not effect berserk animals and actually will run away if a berserk animal heads towards them (thus possible forcing  them into the open / into a Raiders group. It should be possible to replace them if they die however they should be expensive and not be easily available (small chance of trade ships carrying one or both). Maybe they could come in different random colors. I know it wont be easy to add this and would be low priority however I would still like to see it one day.

Well that is all I can come up with right now having not played the game yet and basing my feedback on videos I have watched.  Please let me know if you like some or all of these.  ;D

Reisman17

Mucephorous

as far as the 'landing pad' is concerned, you can create a drop point for stuff I think, so that you know exactly where it's coming down. Seeing environmental effects that could demolish or make you rethink how you design your base would be nice

Semmy

you can put tiles on the ground yourself. or a color carpet its all clear than.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke