A muffalo took my leather.

Started by MinasDunerag, August 17, 2018, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinasDunerag

I really don't like the new mechanic of animals losing their Tameness if they are not trained for a certain period of time. I know that it's realistic and all, but it can lead to pretty annoying situations like this: I had a pretty well-faring tribal colony with no electricity. I relied mostly on hunting for food. I had very small farms and little storage, due to the area having an eternal growing season. I had no need to stockpile... Then came the Toxic fallout! I had a large herd of muffalo, and they mostly just grazed around eating grass, and almost no hay. So there I was, with no food but a lot of animals and people I did not want to lose. I did not want to waste it into training animals. A few raider came and burned my house down, and I decided to move away. I had sent some people to the location a bit earlier to scout the place out. Once the main bulk of the colony started to move, I got a notification that one of my muffalo had gone wild due to lack of training! It took with it most of my precious leather! I'm just happy it wasn't something more valuable...

Also raiders took my Doomsday rocket launcher.

lperkins2

Yeah, it's not one of the new mechanics that's super well thought out.  Animals should lose their training if they are ignored for too long, but as long as their food source is your colony, and your colony is safe (they don't get repeatedly injured), they shouldn't go 'wild'.