[Mod Request] Dark Elfes/Slavery and Torture

Started by Schmiddy, August 17, 2018, 03:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schmiddy

Now, what i will propose is essentially something that combines the "call of Cthulhu" and "Prisoner Labour" mod...

Although a very louse connection...
Essentially (as a huge Warhammer fan) i always wanted to live out my dreams of being an evil slave labourer Overlord who actually gets benefits out of torturing his slaves.

Now yes, i know i can sacrifice people in my cults, and i can use the Lord of The Rims mod to emmulate elfes.... although nothing qutie gets close to what i imagine.

Now, initially a tribute system would be nice, so kind of like the Dark Elder in 40k you would be harvesting the suffering of your prisoners to give yourself benefits. A system that uses the Negative mood of your Prisoners and gives you points, which you can then spent on your Charackters (similar to how the "Star Wars - The Force" mod works).

These Abilities would increase in Cost and lend minor boni in the Beginning, although should gradually increase in expansiveness to encourage having as many prisoners as possible. Keeping in mind that you also have to feed them and leave them alive somewhat provides a gradual challange for the benefits.

One of the Major additions would be the ability to build and use torture devices (maybe they use some sort of the crafting system in which the prisoner gets assigned to "work" there). Some of them should also provide a major mood debuff to make them even more viable than normal things and should, to some extend, injure them.

Lastly a system should be in place that surpresses Mental breakdowns for your prisoners, maybe not completely (see "List of Abilities" for how i imagine it). Your wardens or jailors should have a certain "Aura" of respect and fear (maybe dependend on social level or on a perk which you can invest the "torture points" in.) This Aura shouldn´t prevent breakdowns, but it should however prevent "aggressive ones", like berserk. Ofcourse this needs some sort of treshold, so its not completely removed, but at least the chance is decreased within the proximity of the jailor.

List of Abilities/Perks

-Aura of Fear; Your enemies shiver in fear, and wet their panties at the thought of what you could do to them once they capture them...
[-Mood debuff for attackers per level as well as a lower Chance of Mental Breaks among prisoners within an aoe]

-Hunter; Made to CAPTURE and not to KILL their victims, these profound marksman are agile and quick.
[Has a higher chance of not immediatly Killing an enemy upon hit and gives increased movementspeed as well as Accuracy]

-Humoncoli; Master the art of Torture and suffering
[Making this person attack someone in Melee injures the Targets extremeties without dameging anything vital, every hit gives you more "Torture Points". This Skill also allows operations without narcotics on your Prisoners]

-Corsair; Refine the art of Pillaging and Hunting outside of your territory
[increases Global Travel time and increases Carry weight in a Caravan]

-Executioner; Death on the Battlefield is closer to a ritual execution, rather than formal combat...
[Increases Melee, Killed people give you "Torture Points"]

List of Torture instruments:

-The Rack
-The Brazen Bull
-Electric Chair (non lethal)
-Whipping post (requires warden)
-Operating Table (used for Prisoner Operations (without Narcotics))

I feel really Sick submitting this... but hey, its just a game afterall.
Feel free to add or talk about this; i have no idea how and if this is even feasable.

Thanks for reading!

matheryn

deliveryservice

Slavery is a system where the victims will fightback when the chance arise. It is not a good idea especially where raid and resistance exist. You need people loyal people in the scenario most of the time, because you won't risk your resources wasted on what will be considered traitor or enemy.

Bolty

I would like a torture mod too.

It would be interesting to capture people during raids and torture them for information. At first they resist but as time goes on, they reveal information about things like an upcoming attack from their faction or a location where valuable items are stashed etc.

As for slavery, a mod for that already exists, though it hasn't been updated for A19:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33631.0

Jackalvin

Oh, I would get to be evil AND benefit? Cool!
Also, I feel like being a arrogant slaver race would limit trade a bit, and if you got some mon-keige to spare, I feel like you should be able to chuck them into a portal to the Dark elf HQ. You should get silver for those tasty souls.

Psychically sensitive people should give more pain points. Those deaf to the warp (Psychically Deaf) are not worth much.

And also, about the traits; why not have classes?
Mandrakes:
Sneaky half demons that'll be good for picking off one target, like having them invisible until they grab their prey. They will be revealed, and slaughtered unless the target's alone, or you do some insane synced takedown.
Warriors:
Your everyday soul-hungry space elf. They can bring an agonizing death from a distance with weapon rounds that splinter under your skin. They can't fight close up, though, and lack the pain gathering from prolonged torture that the humonculus can
Humonculi:
Experts at torture, pain, and drunk science ('Cept with souls instead of beer), Humonculi as you say above can prolong torture and get more out of it. They should also be able to use souls for certain abilities, like having every corpse on the map explode, or... I dunno.
Archon:
This is the big guy. He is strong, fast, and ruthless. I don't know what he'll do, but some research is needed to get him.

Lemme know if you agree. Or not.

-Insert Witty Joke Here-

AcetheSuperVillain

I'm not wild about the fantasy torture power angle, but I have always felt weird that you need to make prisoners happy to recruit them.  Seems to me, a prisoner who is locked in a 2x1 dark cell full of his own blood and vomit should be ready to do or say anything to get out.  Maybe some torture devices could make them even more ready.  Maybe releasing a "broken" prisoner back to their faction causes that faction to fear sending another raid.  Maybe pirates and other bad factions will respect you for it, while the normally docile factions will grow angry. 

dxcfdk

Quote from: Schmiddy on August 17, 2018, 03:54:33 PM
Now, what i will propose is essentially something that combines the "call of Cthulhu" and "Prisoner Labour" mod...

Essentially (as a huge Warhammer fan) i always wanted to live out my dreams of being an evil slave labourer Overlord who actually gets benefits out of torturing his slaves.

Now yes, i know i can sacrifice people in my cults, and i can use the Lord of The Rims mod to emmulate elfes.... although nothing qutie gets close to what i imagine.

Now, initially a tribute system would be nice, so kind of like the Dark Elder in 40k you would be harvesting the suffering of your prisoners to give yourself benefits. A system that uses the Negative mood of your Prisoners and gives you points, which you can then spent on your Charackters (similar to how the "Star Wars - The Force" mod works).

These Abilities would increase in Cost and lend minor boni in the Beginning, although should gradually increase in expansiveness to encourage having as many prisoners as possible. Keeping in mind that you also have to feed them and leave them alive somewhat provides a gradual challange for the benefits.

One of the Major additions would be the ability to build and use torture devices (maybe they use some sort of the crafting system in which the prisoner gets assigned to "work" there). Some of them should also provide a major mood debuff to make them even more viable than normal things and should, to some extend, injure them.

Lastly a system should be in place that surpresses Mental breakdowns for your prisoners, maybe not completely (see "List of Abilities" for how i imagine it). Your wardens or jailors should have a certain "Aura" of respect and fear (maybe dependend on social level or on a perk which you can invest the "torture points" in.) This Aura shouldn´t prevent breakdowns, but it should however prevent "aggressive ones", like berserk. Ofcourse this needs some sort of treshold, so its not completely removed, but at least the chance is decreased within the proximity of the jailor.

List of Abilities/Perks

-Aura of Fear; Your enemies shiver in fear, and wet their panties at the thought of what you could do to them once they capture them...
[-Mood debuff for attackers per level as well as a lower Chance of Mental Breaks among prisoners within an aoe]

-Hunter; Made to CAPTURE and not to KILL their victims, these profound marksman are agile and quick.
[Has a higher chance of not immediatly Killing an enemy upon hit and gives increased movementspeed as well as Accuracy]

[Making this person attack someone in Melee injures the Targets extremeties without dameging anything vital, every hit gives you more "Torture Points". This Skill also allows operations without narcotics on your Prisoners]

-Executioner; Death on the Battlefield is closer to a ritual execution, rather than formal combat...

-The Rack
-The Brazen Bull

Feel free to add or talk about this; i have no idea how and if this is even feasable.

Thanks for reading!

dxcfdk

Quote from: Schmiddy on August 17, 2018, 03:54:33 PM

List of Abilities/Perks

-The Rack
-The Brazen Bull

Thanks for reading!