[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotel

Quote from: Telkir on December 23, 2016, 06:33:45 PM
In fact the fix was straightforward and I'm pushing an update to the workshop now. Hope this helps. :)

EDIT: For folks who've downloaded through Dropbox or the Nexus and want to use the MoreFurniture compatibility versions of MoreBeds, please re-download to get the fix.

Many thanks, great work! Have a merry christmas.

Love

You should ask notfood about including Mending in with ExpandedCloth. It is a lot more robust than the textile bench your mod offers with a recycling and mending system.

Telkir

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't seem right to yoink all of Mending in bulk, but I'll certainly ask notfood / take a look at the source code to see if I can improve apparel recycling.

Primal Lord

While I'm not using your MoreFloors mod itself, I'd like to say thank you for those plasteel floors, looking through your code taught me a bit of new code to make those vanilla sterile floors ACTUALLY sterile lol.

niklas7737

Maybe this has been asked before, but what is the advantage of the padded sleeping spot over a normal sleeping spot which I could just designate for free.
They still give the "slept on floor" debuff, the resting effectiveness is the same (I think) and they don't give any comfort (vanilla sleeping spot gives 40%).

Should I just not use the normal sleeping spot and feel like my game is more realistic or am I missing something?

Telkir

@niklas7737 - Perhaps the difference is something I need to make clearer in its description. I can understand it's not obvious what the benefits are, and your question has pointed me towards finding a couple of bugs.

My main objective with padded sleeping spots was to make sure they do not give the "Slept on ground" debuff, probably the nastiest thing for the early game - I've just tested this and can definitely say this works, and if you see otherwise, something somewhere isn't right.

However, what should also happen (but currently isn't) is that padded spots will let sleeping colonists recover and rest slightly faster than if they used an unpadded spot. In addition they should be slightly more comfortable; an unpadded spot has a Comfort value of 0.4 in the defs, and although the padded version doesn't have this defined right now I'll set it to 0.5 when I release a bugfix. (For comparison, a normal bed has Comfort 0.75.)

I'll get this sorted for an update soonish if I can. :)

niklas7737

My apologies if you were searching very long. I didn't look carefully enough and the pawn I was watching somehow managed to sleep so often that the debuff actually remained from sleeping on the vanilla sleeping spot.  :-[
So your padded sleeping spot actually works in that regard.

The other things mentioned stay however. Appreciate your work anyway and I'm looking forward to the update. :)

Thundercraft

Thank you for updating these for A16!
Though, I do wish I could use Terraforming...

It's understandable, since Terraforming required CCL. And I would assume that we won't see Terraforming for A16 for a long time, since the CCL team is still working on the A15 release and probably won't release for A16 for even longer.  :'(

Q: Have you looked at what the HugsLib has to offer? I ask because I see that a lot of A16 mods now require this. And I've seen several mods that used to rely on CCL switch their dependencies over to HugsLib.

asquirrel

Your terraforming mod.  That's the one where you can create marshes and stuff?  Or fill water in or rocks so you can plant on it?

MisterVertigo

I anxious to use Terraforming as well. I'm not gonna hold my breath, but it would be awesome if it got a new release! I'm sure the author would update it if possible. I know the current state of CCL has left a lot of mods hanging.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

PotatoeTater

I love the new icons for the crops, amazing work making them fit into the game.
Life is Strange

Telkir

I would certainly love to bring Terraforming back into life, and indeed it will live again just as soon as CCL returns for A16. :)

CCL is a tremendous library that E, skully, and many others have put a ton of voluntary work into, but the recent difficulty they've faced in updating is one reason why I prefer to avoid requiring any dependencies for TMods wherever I can.

In Terraforming's case, CCL is the only way to implement what I want it to do in the neatest way.

@Thundercraft - I did check HugsLib and it's an interesting library but unfortunately it wouldn't help here. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Telkir

I just released 1.13.1 which is a very minor update purely for ExpandedCloth. It fixes padded sleeping spots to make them better in all ways compared to a vanilla unpadded spot - all other mods are untouched.

For folks who aren't using Steam Workshop, if you don't want to have to download the entire mod pack again to get the fix, you can grab this patched ExpandedClothFurniture.xml file. Overwrite the one found here:

<Your RimWorld Folder>/Mods/T-ExpandedCloth/Defs/ThingDefs/ExpandedClothFurniture.xml

Everything should then be hunkydory. :)

animagus_kitty

Question about the Food Thoughts mod.
What exactly does this do? Your description says something about giving unique thoughts if food is eaten raw, but I'm not sure if that means that Joe Colonist knows whether he's eating raw corn or raw strawberries, or if it means something a little more complex.

Telkir

@animagus_kitty The vanilla RimWorld behaviour is that any non-ascetic colonist eating one of the uncooked food resources (potatoes, rice, agave, or even corn - but not berries) receives a generic "Ate raw food" thought that gives a -7 mood debuff with it.

With RawCropThoughts, this is changed so that all vanilla crops have their own thought (e.g. "Ate raw potatoes", "Ate raw rice", and so on). Potatoes and rice give -7, agave gives -3, and corn and berries give a neutral 0.

The behaviour of ascetic colonists remains the same - they get no thoughts at all from eating raw food.