[1.0 - 1.3] T's Mods (New floors, bed colours, crops, meals, and cotton tweaks)

Started by Telkir, June 29, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telkir

@xextremex - The reason you're having such a hard time is that the colours for each alert level are hardcoded into the DLL - the values in the XML that you're changing only apply for a very brief period before they get overwritten by code. Someone with the skill and time to do so could rig it so the different alert colours would be configurable inside the Mod Settings menu, but that isn't something I can do myself.

I would offer to compile you a customised DLL with adjusted colours but my current source code won't compile against A15 as RimWorld's internals have changed since then. If you choose to update, though, I could arrange something. :)

xextremex

Thank you for such a quick reply. Oh, that makes sense.
I understand. I'd update but right now I want to keep going with my current colonies. I chose 15 because it was pre-caravan and wanted to learn everything else about the game first.

I've attached two images that show where I placed the alert lamps. I kind of have them at 4 corners [not really corners] around the base and one more indoors just to see if the strength of the light changed. I've circled them.
Any thoughts on how I could make them stronger/brighter without changing the dll or is there nothing? (ex. multiple lamps, mix with colored lamps, idk)
Thank you.

WREN_PL

Dropbox link is fucky, there is no download option visible, gonna check later if it's only on my computer.

Canute

Xaviien

[T] MoreFloors - Vanilla Animals Expanded - Livestock edition

Hi Telkir.

As per the request from Hykal94 on your mod page, I have updated [T] MoreFloors to work with the new wool types created by Vanilla Animals Expanded — Livestock.

Please let me know if you need me to credit you more prominently.

Suggestions are more than welcome if there are other mods which add new wool types.
Hopefully soon I can figure out how to do this as a patch instead of a new copy of a mod. Figured out how to use xpath and made it a patch instead. Hopefully I didn't break everyone's games overnight.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tocato

does more beds cloth have compatibility with UN Colony furniture/organized, Vanilla furniture expanded, and gloomy furniture?

Telkir

A very small update to v2.0.2 in order to fix edge blending of jade and plasteel floors in MoreFloors and fix the supported version format across all mods to get rid of console warnings.

Telkir

Another RimWorld version? And here I was hoping I could hibernate a bit longer... :)

MoreFloors seems to be the most popular of my little additions and a couple of people were asking on Steam whether I'd be updating. I had chance today to bring it up to date and you can grab the updated MoreFloors from the link:

MoreFloors prerelease for RimWorld 1.1 (also backwards compatible with 1.0)

EDIT: This prerelease has an omission in the defs which makes the added floors have an 'undignified' status if you use them in the Royalty expansion. I'll make sure this is fixed in the full release coming soon.

EDIT 2: My mods are mostly updated - all except MiscStuff. Once that's done (and no further bugs are reported by Steam users) I'll update all the download links.

Moogie

Hello! Registered just to let you know about this error in the prerelease of MoreFloors for 1.1:

QuoteCould not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ThingDef named WoolCamel (wanter=thingDefs)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlCrossRefLoader:TryResolveDef(String, FailMode, Object)
Verse.WantedRefForList`1:TryResolve(FailMode)
Verse.<>c__DisplayClass14_1:<ResolveAllWantedCrossReferences>b__0(WantedRef)
Verse.<>c__DisplayClass6_1`1:<ParallelForEach>b__0(Object)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:WaitCallback_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback:System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue:Dispatch()
System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:PerformWaitCallback()

The same error repeats for "WoolYak" as well.

I made sure to confirm this on a clean (empty) modlist with only Mod Manager and Harmony loaded.

Looking forward to a full release. Your mods are must-haves in my eyes. :)

Telkir

Welcome, and thanks for the report. For what it's worth this bug is fixed if you happen to use the Steam version, but I'll be packaging up all of my mods in a proper 1.1 update for non-Steam users within the next few days. Sorry for the delay... I just have a couple more things on my list to get done first. At least you'll be getting a fairly well bug-tested version :)

You can fix the error yourself in the meantime, if you wish, by editing this file:
<RimWorld>/Mods/T-MoreFloors/Defs/RecipeDefs/MoreFloorsProduction.xml

In both the <filter> and <fixedIngredientFilter> sections, the only <li> items you need are WoolMegasloth, WoolMuffalo, WoolCamel, and WoolAlpaca. Delete lines of anything else. The errors should go away then.

Moogie

Will do, thanks! I was looking into it myself and considered doing that, but I wasn't sure if it would break something else. I'm starting to get into modding myself and good god it's addictive, isn't it? ;D

Telkir

@Moogie: It surely is. :) Guess that's why I can't tear myself away even after all these years - and I've tried!

Anyhow, here's the full package of updates for RimWorld 1.1 and Royalty...

T's Mods 2.1.0 - 27th March 2020

* Updated to and balanced for RimWorld 1.1
* STANDARDS: Adjust file structures to provide dual compatibility with 1.0 and 1.1
* ADD: MoreFloors - 6 new styles of stone flooring, 2 of which are "fine" for Royalty
* ADD: MoreFloors - now supports TWC's update of Cupro's Stones
* ADD: MoreFloors - now supports both flavours of Extra Stone
* ADD: ExpandedCrops - tomato plants now have an "immature" graphic without fruit
* TWEAK: MoreFloors - Jade floor is now classed as a fine floor in 1.1
* TWEAK: MoreFloors - Jade floor now takes longer to build for less beauty in both 1.0 and 1.1
* TWEAK: RawCropThoughts - clarified two labels to "ate raw rice" / "ate raw agave"
* TWEAK: ExpandedCrops - bulk recipes for salad/soup adjusted to match vanilla style
* TWEAK: MoreBedsCloth - cloth requirement added to hospital beds
* REMOVED: ExpandedCrops - bulk recipes for simple/fine/lavish meals; now in vanilla
* REMOVED: ModSync support (sorry!)

Thanks to Steam users over the last month I'm reasonably sure that all of the significant bugs have already been crushed, but if you do find any problems then please let me know. Sorry for the delay in getting this download available here.

Stay safe, everyone, and hope you enjoy!

frenchiveruti

Hello, 
I've found a bug related to your mod, where the tailor bench ignores quality and or hitpoints of the clothing set to be deconstructed, I've tried to trace it to which mod may give this odd behavior but it was impossible to me because I have no idea how to debug it. 
In any case the second best thing I could do is to forward you the savegame, and my mod-list. 
I saw on the nexus that someone reported something similar 3 years ago but never said anything again, I will try to be as helpful as possible, thank you. 
(I've sent you the links on a PM here at the forum) 

Telkir

@frenchiveruti - I appreciate you taking the time to report this but what you describe is a longstanding bug that I've investigated a couple of times to no avail. To my knowledge the XML is set up as it should be and I don't know why filtering doesn't work.

Given that the functionality of salvaging cloth from apparel is both broken (in a couple of ways) and somewhat overpowered, I think it may actually be best if I remove it from ExpandedCloth at the next update.

Canute

Mend&Recycle mod got the "realistic" salvage cloth so far.
The process reduce the HP of the item and give on a succesful craft (skill level check) resources.
So a 100% item give more resources then a 10% one, and a skilled crafter get more resources too.

But if you just look for a working cloth recycle, Vegetable garden cloth. The filter settings are working.
I allways setup 2 bills for all tainted and clean upto normal.