[1.0] What the Hack?! v1.2 - last update: May 30, 2019

Started by Roolo, September 07, 2018, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madman666

Nope, it doesn't respect humans enough to let them name it.

Roolo

Quote from: NoCanDo on November 13, 2018, 09:36:31 AM
Bruh, 999 calls of this: https://hastebin.com/ulozekajih.txt , log cap reached!

Whoops, seems I forgot to remove some logging I use for debugging. I'll remove it immediately now.

Roolo

Small quickfix update following the big update from yesterday:
v1.1.2
- Fixed rogue AI being able to target mannable turrets with both hostile and friendly attempts to control them, which didn't have any effect.
- Fixed temporarily mechs (hacked by the Rogue AI) being able to participate in caravans, resulting in errors.
- Removed several debugging messages I forgot to remove.

None of these things is critical (especially if you don't play permadeath), so feel free to skip this if it's too much of a hassle to download it.

Sleeeper

when loading save
[HugsLib][ERR] WhatTheHack caused an exception during OnMapLoaded: System.ArgumentException: curve has start/end point with y != 0
at Verse.Rand.ByCurve (Verse.SimpleCurve) <0x00195>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateRandomAge_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x004b5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal_Patch2 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x00316>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003c8>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007e8>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch3 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnMapLoaded(Map)
HugsLib.<>c__DisplayClass70_0:<OnMapInitFinalized>b__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Roolo

Quote from: Sleeeper on November 14, 2018, 12:50:38 AM
when loading save
[HugsLib][ERR] WhatTheHack caused an exception during OnMapLoaded: System.ArgumentException: curve has start/end point with y != 0
at Verse.Rand.ByCurve (Verse.SimpleCurve) <0x00195>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateRandomAge_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x004b5>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewPawnInternal_Patch2 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool,bool) <0x00316>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x003c8>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateOrRedressPawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x007e8>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch3 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000ca>

HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnMapLoaded(Map)
HugsLib.<>c__DisplayClass70_0:<OnMapInitFinalized>b__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Please provide your full Hugslib log by pressing ctrl+f12 after it happens, and place the link you'll get here.

Sleeeper

https://git.io/fpObw
It's a big mod mess so maybe some other updated recebtly mod makes that...
Edit: nvm it was another mod issue.

Bodog999

How do you maintain mechanoids. I cant seem to find any option for it.

Edit: Nvm, found out I ran out of mechanoid parts to do so

Roolo

Update:
v1.1.3
- Fixed bug causing button to start up reactor to disappear.
- Fixed clipping issue occurring when the hiveship hacking facility overlaps other buildings.
- Decreased impact of hacking skill on the time needed to hack back the Rogue AI when it goes rogue.

Monti

Hi there ! great mod! but it wont let me hack any other mechanoids besides vanilla ones, they just dont get downed, tried on polarisbloc-mechenemy.

There are no errors in log, will provide another info if you need

Edit: okay its working but they get downed with low chance even with debug help (about 1 in 15), its intended?

Roolo

I'm just back from a four week long holiday trip so couldn't do any modding in the meanwhile. I received a lot of feedback and bug reports for my mods in the meantime, and I'm now processing that. Here's an update that solves some pretty important bugs, and I recommend downloading it if you have a game running with What the Hack.

Update
- fixed fps drop when turrets (including mortars) are manually aimed.
- Added green line between rogue AI and turret when the turret is controlled and selected.
- fixed issue with the world map being spammed by found mechanoid parts by the LRMS in some occasions.
- fixed problem involving repeated hacking attempts with the hiveship hacking facility not working.
- fixed mechs parts being minable.
- fixed NRE when looking at info tab of mechanoids, causing it not to appear.

Quote from: Sleeeper on November 14, 2018, 05:32:12 AM
https://git.io/fpObw
It's a big mod mess so maybe some other updated recebtly mod makes that...
Edit: nvm it was another mod issue.

Could you tell me which mod was responsible? I currently seem to get the same error, that is the "System.ArgumentException: curve has start/end point with y != 0" part.

jager666

Did anyone tried to play this mod with the dev version of Combat Extended for 1.0? The attacking centipedes are tough and You need at least AP ammo just to do some damage, but when I hacked one and installed some upgrades - it went down after two charged LMG bursts. Is it intentional?

Another problem could be reloading - since CE adds an ammo system, hacked centipedes are stuck with whatever ammo they have left, and then there's no way to resupply it (unless I'm missing something).

Just my two cents, great mod!

Roolo

Quote from: jager666 on January 07, 2019, 04:31:25 PM
Did anyone tried to play this mod with the dev version of Combat Extended for 1.0? The attacking centipedes are tough and You need at least AP ammo just to do some damage, but when I hacked one and installed some upgrades - it went down after two charged LMG bursts. Is it intentional?

Another problem could be reloading - since CE adds an ammo system, hacked centipedes are stuck with whatever ammo they have left, and then there's no way to resupply it (unless I'm missing something).

Just my two cents, great mod!
Thanks.

"Is it intentional". - I can hardly have intentions for some other mod that's not released yet.

Once combat extended officially releases for 1.0, I'll release a patch, at least for the ammo. Until that time it might not be such a good idea to use what the hack with CE.

temple_wing

Patch Operation Failed.
https://git.io/fhE7J

---------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Founded the reason.

[What the hack?!] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAdd(*/ThingDef[thingClass = "Building_TurretGun" and minifiedDef]/comps) failed
file: E:\download\wr1\RimWorld X64\Mods\WhatTheHack-1.1.4\Patches\WhatTheHack.xml
Verse.PatchOperation:Complete(String)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ClearCachedPatches()
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

This is because "Building_TurretGun" is removed by combat extended. So this is actually compatibility problem between WTH and CE.