5 Ideas

Started by #TSwagg, September 08, 2018, 01:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#TSwagg

First idea - windows. You'd have to add glass by some means, probably by refining sand(?), but windows would allow natural light in during the day, leading into my next idea -

Second idea - timed switches. Similar to power switches, this switch might run on a certain schedule, either requesting to be shut off/turned on or doing so itself at set times throughout the day, as so that rooms could be lit naturally during the day and by electric lights at night.

Third/Fourth idea - fences/gates. Fences could be used to slow movement over an area without providing cover, or potentially to create a pasture for some of the animals that generally weren't used for attack or hauling. They could also just be used aesthetically to separate areas without having to use walls/sandbags.

Fifth idea - better firefighting. Whenever lightning strikes outside of what's considered my "home area", I always have the problem that, without manually making basically the whole map my home, or creating some massive structure around my home, that fire will wreck the whole place. Crops, wooden buildings, etc. Allowing colonists to fight fires *outside* of the home area (potentially as a second option with inherently less priority than fighting fires inside the home area) would be a better alternative to creating temporary home spaces to fight fires or wasting labor cleaning the whole map because it's all your home area.