Raider Campaigns

Started by Dewburry, October 31, 2013, 04:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewburry

From what I've seen of the game, raiders attack your colony randomly based on your chosen storyteller, but where are all of there raiders coming from? And why?

I think it would be fun if raiders were organized over a certain period of time to accomplish a specific task. For example, you could detect raiders in orbit around the planet/moon. The raiders could then make a demand or simply declare their murderous intent. Demands could vary from a bribe of supplies or colonists, the capture of a certain colonist (dead or alive), etc. Murderous intents could vary from clearing the planet for a client, exacting revenge against a certain colonist, etc.

Then, over a period of time, raids would land and attack as they do now (unless any demands were met). Your colonist could either repel these attacks, perhaps later giving in to inflated demands, or research / build orbital defenses that could defeat the raiders (via a shield to protect the colony from orbit, cannons or missiles to destroy the raiders' flotilla, etc).

RimWorld, as a storytelling game, would probably benefit from some added depth like this. What do you think?

British

I think people should really search a bit *before* they create new threads on subjects that are already discussed.

Semmy

Closed. Use the provided links to continue this discussion.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke