Alien Plants/Animals

Started by PsychoForge, July 03, 2014, 09:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoForge

If you crash land on a planet your not likely to find fruit and veg from your local stores there atleast very little chance surely?

Wouldnt it be better to add a research line for each bit of food found on the planet before you can consume it, like researching animals to make sure they dont carry some deadly virus or bacteria and research planet life to make sure they not poisonous etc.

Would add abit more to the research tech tree and maybe add other ways to cook food? home made BBQ over a firepit? etc :)

Just ideas make as you will of them.

johnakers

Quote from: PsychoForge on July 03, 2014, 09:56:03 AM
If you crash land on a planet your not likely to find fruit and veg from your local stores there atleast very little chance surely?

Wouldnt it be better to add a research line for each bit of food found on the planet before you can consume it, like researching animals to make sure they dont carry some deadly virus or bacteria and research planet life to make sure they not poisonous etc.

Would add abit more to the research tech tree and maybe add other ways to cook food? home made BBQ over a firepit? etc :)

Just ideas make as you will of them.

You just crash landed on a foreign planet.  You are hurt, thirsty, hungry, and tired.  The last thing on your mind is to set up a research facility.

I would find a pistol, grab some food, and force the guy who just wouldn't shut up the whole trip before we crashed to eat it.  If he's still alive a few hours later, I would assume its somewhat safe and eat it.

Your people should just get ill if they happen to eat a poisonous plant or infected animal.  Research/cooked meals would be good later on though, just not at the start.

Untrustedlife

Read rimworlds lore, no aliens, plant or otherwise, its all mutated/genetically engineered/adapted versions of earth life.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK