*Slightly* Overpowered or Underpowered Items

Started by Rennegade, July 05, 2014, 11:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rennegade

Following in this thread will be a list of over and underpowered items.

Rennegade

1.Geothermal generator is OP. If you manage to find a steam geiser, you are set. 3600 MW of energy, enough to power 4 turrets and 4 lamps and still break even.

N-Tempest

The mortar is WAAAAY over-powered...
A group of pirates siege your base, three mortars and you are screwed. You can't hit them because it's not accurate enough but no matter WHAT they hit you have to rebuild.
destroy a wall between prisoners and supplies / colonist room(s) and they're screwed. hit your power-generators? you're screwed. Hit your store-room, you're screwed!

using them defensively has it's advantages, but facing one guarentees MASSIVE trouble. Especially because your shots always miss. been firing at two mortars with two mortars for ten minutes and not hit anything. glanced their supplies, that's it!

Fire... It's kinda common, but if it hits a building that is more than one tile thick, you can't extinguish the fire in the rear or central tiles. EG; a Geothermal plant. that sets on fire, the moment it spreads to the inner-tiles then it's gone. you can't extinguish it and you've got to repair endlessly and hope for the best... so far, not been able to save one.

mrofa

Geothermal yehh totally agree with it

Mortar maybe is op but ai cant use it properly, using one guy as a bait orbiting near thier camp but not near engouh to be shot by snipers, will draw whole mortar fire on him, this allows you to just mortar your enemies while they trying to hit your guy.

Fire.. well thers no answere to that in vanillia, i did a mod that have devices to help fight with fire.
All i do is clutter all around.

Rennegade

I'm not ENTIRELY sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I feel that enemies are overpowered. Now, before you say anything, the only way you can get weapons is by KILLING bandits with them. However, the only weapons you really want are the ones that are powerful. But, If said weapons are powerful, you will get killed.

*ALSO* I have rethought the complaint of the G.G and have since decided that since steam vents are normally rare and far away, and the generator is so masive and requires so many materials, it isn't AS O.P as I had previously thought.

Halinder

You don't have to get weapons by killing bandits, only armor. Combat suppliers provide end-game weaponry, it's how I loaded one of my non-modded colonies with R-4 charge rifles and my modded colonies with Barret M7041 (or something of that nature) sniper rifles. Speaking of armor being bandit-loot-only, why don't combat suppliers sell armor?

It might just be my turret-heavy play style, but geothermal generators typically don't do it for me. I have to get massive battery arrays hooked up to solars that coat half of my base and then branch out metal walls (because conduits get burnt by lightning) to three or so steam geysers to get set up properly.

As for sieges, a single sniper can clear the entire place out. Station them away from the enemy camp, force-fire on mortars to cause explosions or fires, then pick off enemies until they flee. The AI typically doesn't go out to attack you, save for snipers who stay in the camp anyway. If you do encounter a sniper, simply walk out of range and pick other spots to fire on.

RawCode

any armor is useless due to lack of flat protection.

ever in power armor - swarm of bowmens kill colonists just fine.

BetaSpectre

Turrets are not useful as guns, but make excellent LANDMINES. when they go boom it does more damage than their guns ever could hope to do.

I've killed 50+ raiders with one turret explosion it routed the entire 300 man raiding laggy party.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO