[Mod] (Alpha 5D) Colonist Creation Mod v2.3c

Started by Argain, July 06, 2014, 07:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reminder

A few slightly annoying issues:
*Some adulthood professions cannot be selected anymore for some reason (for example, Intelligence Agent) after saving the team for the first time. Maybe there are some hidden requirements that are broken by changing other values?
*Mad Scientist adulthood turns into Conceptual Artist after exporting/importing. I guess that's how mad science is called nowadays...
*Space Marine becomes a Vengeful Explorer after exporting/importing.

One slightly abusive feature is that it is possible to manipulate stats into becoming 20 as stat bonuses from childhood/adulthood top on manually added points. 

Argain

Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 04:20:51 AM
A few slightly annoying issues:
*Some adulthood professions cannot be selected anymore for some reason (for example, Intelligence Agent) after saving the team for the first time. Maybe there are some hidden requirements that are broken by changing other values?
*Mad Scientist adulthood turns into Conceptual Artist after exporting/importing. I guess that's how mad science is called nowadays...
*Space Marine becomes a Vengeful Explorer after exporting/importing.

Changing the Body Shape will reset the Adulthood Backstory.

Quote from: reminder on July 29, 2014, 04:20:51 AM
One slightly abusive feature is that it is possible to manipulate stats into becoming 20 as stat bonuses from childhood/adulthood top on manually added points.

That's definitely what would be considered an 'exploit' and is fixed for v2.2 by way of the skills being reset whenever the backstories are changed.

cryptology

Add me to the list of those desiring Randomization!

Actually registered on the forums to ask about it, but it looks like someone beat me to it.

I'm lazy. -_-

Argain

Quote from: cryptology on July 29, 2014, 07:09:59 PM
Actually registered on the forums to ask about it, but it looks like someone beat me to it.

Well, then let me be the first to welcome you to the forums! And you can definitely still enable a bit of starting randomization, as it sounds like you found :) If anymore questions come to you, feel free to ask... I get auto-email notifications and check my email religiously lol

Rhea

Are you planning on keeping the hairstyles separated by gender?

Is there an easy way for me to change this or are you planning on removing that in future updates?

Great mod btw, really love it! I've restarted so many times when I was displeased with the vanilla randomization so this mod kinda saved me.

xiangsu

HI ~ Argain I really like your work, and I look forward to make Chinese players can experience your MOD, I hope you can help me! I want to add CCM Chinese language, I try to try to modify the language of CS inside but found inside the game or English, to ask how am I going to change ~

Argain

Quote from: Rhea on July 30, 2014, 10:55:56 AM
Are you planning on keeping the hairstyles separated by gender?

Yep.

Is there an easy way for me to change this or are you planning on removing that in future updates?

Not really. You'd have to modify the source code and then recompile it. If you'd like to give it a shot, I wrote out a list of steps on how to recompile it using a program called MonoDevelop for someone else. Not sure off-hand what you would have to all change... I'll go take a look...

Great mod btw, really love it!

Thanks! :)

Argain

Quote from: xiangsu on July 30, 2014, 04:24:26 PM
HI ~ Argain I really like your work, and I look forward to make Chinese players can experience your MOD, I hope you can help me! I want to add CCM Chinese language, I try to try to modify the language of CS inside but found inside the game or English, to ask how am I going to change ~

I don't know why certain things aren't translating correctly... I'll double check the code.

Edit:

GUI.Label(position2, colonist.Skills[index].SkillName.Translate() + ": ");

^ That line of code should be translating all the skill names into other languages, which it would theoretically find Chinese translations for in Mods\Core\Languages\zh-CN\Keyed\Skills.xml. I really don't know what can be done about it, since every skill has a Chinese translation already:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<LanguageData>
  <Level>等级</Level>
  <ProgressToNextLevel>到下一级的进度</ProgressToNextLevel>
  <Passion>兴趣度</Passion>
  <PassionNone>无 (学习速度{0}倍)</PassionNone>
  <PassionMinor>感兴趣 (学习速度{0}倍)</PassionMinor>
  <PassionMajor>炽烈(学习速度{0}倍)</PassionMajor>
  <EffectsAtLevel>{0}级的效果:</EffectsAtLevel>

<Skill0>无能力</Skill0>
  <Skill1>不称职</Skill1>
  <Skill2>认识基本</Skill2>
  <Skill3>熟悉基本</Skill3>
  <Skill4>新手</Skill4>
  <Skill5>强力新手</Skill5>
  <Skill6>从业者</Skill6>
  <Skill7>熟练的从业者</Skill7>
  <Skill8>专业人员</Skill8>
  <Skill9>熟练的专业人员</Skill9>
  <Skill10>专家</Skill10>
  <Skill11>强力专家</Skill11>
  <Skill12>非常强力的专家</Skill12>
  <Skill13>大师</Skill13>
  <Skill14>强力大师</Skill14>
  <Skill15>星球级大师</Skill15>
  <Skill16>太阳系级大师</Skill16>
  <Skill17>倍受尊敬的大师</Skill17>
  <Skill18>远见者</Skill18>
  <Skill19>传奇级</Skill19>
  <Skill20>上帝级</Skill20>
</LanguageData>

It's simply not finding certain ones, for some reason. At least it runs? I had reports of this mod not working at all for any language using a DefInjected translation.

Edit: To be honest, I haven't the faintest clue what I'm talking about lol I just throw .Translate() in front of any text being outputted and hope it works XD

Edit 2: I have an idea... I can setup my own Translation class to preload all the translated words. All I'll have to do, then, is detect which language the game is running in. I'll write up an xml template that you can put all the translations into.

Argain

Alright, xiangsu... here's a TranslationTemplate.xml file for you. All you need to do is translate each word(s)/number in it, send it back, and I'll take care of the rest ;) Anyone else who wants this mod translated into their language, you're welcome to do the same.

Note: If the mod does not function at all while running the game in your language, then there's simply nothing I can do about that. Sorry.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

xiangsu

Quote from: Argain on July 30, 2014, 10:29:55 PM
Alright, xiangsu... here's a TranslationTemplate.xml file for you. All you need to do is translate each word(s)/number in it, send it back, and I'll take care of the rest ;) Anyone else who wants this mod translated into their language, you're welcome to do the same.

Note: If the mod does not function at all while running the game in your language, then there's simply nothing I can do about that. Sorry.

HI~ Argain
<4> Number Translation Here </ 4>
<5> Number Translation Here </ 5>
<6> Number Translation Here </ 6>
<7> Number Translation Here </ 7>
<8> Number Translation Here </ 8>
<9> Number Translation Here </ 9>
Here is the corresponding mean?

Argain

Quote from: xiangsu on July 31, 2014, 04:54:26 AM
HI~ Argain
<4> Number Translation Here </ 4>
<5> Number Translation Here </ 5>
<6> Number Translation Here </ 6>
<7> Number Translation Here </ 7>
<8> Number Translation Here </ 8>
<9> Number Translation Here </ 9>
Here is the corresponding mean?

Replace 'Number Translation Here' with whatever the Chinese version is. Anything between <something> and </something> is what I'll be reading into the game as the translation for that particular text.

S1k1sk

I tried to spawn 3 or more colonists with different skill and style on easy difficulty but when they spawn, they have again random skill :/ please help me :)

S1k1sk

I tried to spawn 3 or more colonists with different skill and style on easy difficulty but when they spawn, they have again random skill :/ please help me :) (sorry for poor english)

Argain

Quote from: S1k1sk on July 31, 2014, 08:29:47 AM
I tried to spawn 3 or more colonists with different skill and style on easy difficulty but when they spawn, they have again random skill :/ please help me :)

- Did you change the Body Shape -after- you set the Backstory and Skills?
- Was there an error thrown in the console log?
- What other mods are you running?
- What operating system are you using?
- Was developer mode turned on?

S1k1sk

- I still change body shape before I set back story and skills
- there was any error
- Blasting Charges and of course core
- Windows 8.1
- it was off
thanks for fast answer :)