Did the survival chance for enemies change?

Started by Jan2607, September 11, 2018, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

Usually I had more prisoners than I wanted to recruit. But now in B19, all enemies getting killed in battle.
I only was able to make a few prisoners, and I'm in day 169. All prisoners I had were in early game. In the last 100 days I had no surviving enemy.
That said, I noticed I had more raids in B19 than in my colonies before.
How comes that only few enemies survive? Do all weapons deal more damage now? Or is there a coded survival chance for enemies that was lowered in B19?

Emulsion

Quote from: Jan2607 on September 11, 2018, 04:07:19 PM
Or is there a coded survival chance for enemies that was lowered in B19?

Yes, that's exactly the case.
Or, to be more correct:
There is a coded death at down chance that was raised.

zizard

The death on downed chance ranges from 30% to 92% based on the current population intent.

Kirby23590

I have a question.

Does the Psychic shock lance beyond this point where you have like 20 colonists has an chance to kill instead of downing?

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

jamaicancastle

As far as I'm aware, the death-on-downed chance applies to any time a (non-colonist, non-guest) pawn is downed for any reason, including the shock lance.

Razzoriel

Quote from: jamaicancastle on September 12, 2018, 12:04:43 AM
As far as I'm aware, the death-on-downed chance applies to any time a (non-colonist, non-guest) pawn is downed for any reason, including the shock lance.
This is interesting. So this means that even the shock lance downs pawns more frequently based on pop intent?

Wanderer_joins

I've never seen someone being killed by a shock lance. But they can get crippling brain scars or even burn to death.

Limdood

Death at downed doesn't seem to apply to non-damage downs

I've NEVER seen a visitor die due to downing himself on a drug withdrawal (and I've had about 8 occurrences of visitor-downed-by-non-damage-health-condition since B19, even at large colony sizes).  The psychic shock lance applies a Hediff to the brain that caps max consciousness at 10%.  It's basically ranged anesthetic with a brain damage chance.

So....while i'm not 100% sure, i'd be willing to bet with a fairly sure chance of winning that psychic shock lances are not subject to "death by being downed" chance....neither are sudden incapacitations for health effects (the most notable being going into withdrawal while suffering some other movement penalty, like bad back, frail, or another withdrawal)

PatrykSzczescie

As far as I remember, shock lance always ignored death on downed chance and the targeted pawn was always downed.

jamaicancastle

So it looks like I was wrong and Limdood is spot on: the death-on-down chance applies only if they're downed as a result of violence. Directly applied hediffs don't count. I didn't know this because my colonies are sad and poor and lacking in psychic shock lances. <.<