B19 Cannibal enjoys "Raw cannibalism" but dislikes "Ate raw food"

Started by syzygy2, September 13, 2018, 01:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syzygy2

I finally gave my cannibal that special something, told her to consume a fresh corpse and she did. This gave her the +20 buff for "raw cannibalism" but a -12 debuff for "ate corpse." So for her next meal, she butchered it and ate the raw meat. The +20 buff showed again (reset the expiration), but instead of [resetting] the previous debuff, there's an additional -7 for "ate raw food." Each of these lasts 24 hours and the buff doesn't stack, so the two debuffs nearly negated it in this timeframe.

Since "cooked cannibalism" is its own buff, I thought "raw cannibalism" should not upset the "raw food" logic, such as how uncooked berries do not yield a debuff although other raw produce does. It would make more sense if the buff were simply +13, than to suggest this person enjoys eating raw human meat while simultaneously disliking the fact that it was raw, no?

I don't recall this being an issue in at least one previous build where I ended up with a cannibal, but I also don't play every update.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Tynan

Yeah, we should combine the effect of "Ate raw food" into the "raw cannibalism" thought and only issue that one cannibalism thought. It'll add some complexity to the code that determines which thought(s) to issue for eating food, but it does make more sense. That said, this is very low priority.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

5thHorseman

Quote from: Tynan on September 15, 2018, 02:14:30 AM
Yeah, we should combine the effect of "Ate raw food" into the "raw cannibalism" thought and only issue that one cannibalism thought. It'll add some complexity to the code that determines which thought(s) to issue for eating food, but it does make more sense. That said, this is very low priority.

It also opens a pandora's box. If you capture someone's sister whom they hate and take remove her heart each colonist will get 3 (I think) mood thoughts while the prisoner's sibling will get 2 more.

"Prisoner's Organ Harvested"
"Prisoner Organ Harvested" (Yes, both of these. This one's for the prisoner dying during the event)
"Innocent Prisoner Died"
"My Sister Died"
"My Rival Died" (Yay for at least one positive mood hit)

And these are by no means the only two events that do this kind of thing.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog