[0.19] Toolboxifier 1.5 (2018/08/16) Easily place similar items

Started by 5thHorseman, August 01, 2018, 01:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5thHorseman

DOWNLOAD ON STEAM
DOWNLOAD FROM ME (Version 1.5)
(Presumably this is on ModSync 1.0 but I don't use it so have no idea if it works or not)

WHAT DOES IT DO?

You know how when you select a production item, the toolbox shows up as a buildable thing?

Wouldn't it be nice if that same thing happened for - say - chairs when selecting tables, or wires when selecting objects that require or generate power?

Well now they do! And a lot of other things too!

WHAT IF I WANT MORE?

If you have any requests just ask. I can't promise I'll add it (especially if it's for a mod) but it never hurts to ask.

WHAT'S NEW?

1.5:
MAJOR rewrite. I basically went through every single item and changed the way I coded them.
There should be NO more problems. If there are (and lets face it there probably are) tell me but for now, I'm considering this bug free.
Re-added mortars.
1.4:
Fixed mortars. Really this time. I removed them from the mod. :D
Changed the Rimworld version to match the new versioning of 0.19.x
Likely the last build for a while unless I need to fix a bug.
1.3:
Fixed loading error spam.
Fixed vents and mortars (hopefully! please report if there are problems!)
More file structure reordering so I can edit the files easier in the future.
1.2:
Switched order of chairs to make mod not be literally unplayable ;)
Added chairs to all previous production items that did not have chairs.
Added other beds to beds.
Modified file structure so I can more easily find and modify things later.
1.1:
Thought I fixed things that I did not.
1.0:
Initial release.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT?

• This doesn't work when you don't own the items. For example, selecting a wall in the terrain that you haven't "claimed" will not let you build a door. I consider this not really a problem so am not looking into it.

WHAT'S NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IT?

I don't know of any mods that are incompatible, and I *think* this will even play nicely with mods that modify the same parts of the items that I modify. However, I know of none that do so can't test it effectively. Note: No modded buildings are in this mod and I don't plan on adding any, mostly because I don't use any mods with buildings and partially because I can't be bothered. However, those mods will still work, you just won't get easy access to chairs for your modded work benches or power lines for your modded power-hungry items.

SHOULDN'T IT BE TOOLCABINETIFIER?

No. That is a horrible name.
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

KnewOne

typo in name: smilar
mod is noice
add modsync support tho pls

Kubouch

Literally unplayable! I think the Dining chair - Stool - Armchair sequence should be rearranged to Stool - Dining chair - Armchair (ordered by a comfort level). This makes my OCD part cringe :D.

Also, the "DOWNLOAD FROM ME" link doesn't work.

Otherwise, nice QoL mod!

5thHorseman

Quote from: KnewOne on August 01, 2018, 07:11:30 AM
typo in name: smilar
mod is noice
add modsync support tho pls

I don't know what modsync is but when I find out I'll look into it :D

Also, speaking of typos...

Quote from: Kubouch on August 01, 2018, 07:57:54 AM
Literally unplayable! I think the Dining chair - Stool - Armchair sequence should be rearranged to Stool - Dining chair - Armchair (ordered by a comfort level). This makes my OCD part cringe :D.

Also, the "DOWNLOAD FROM ME" link doesn't work.

Otherwise, nice QoL mod!
That's a total typo as well. I've fixed both of them.

I'll look into the order as well. Hopefully I have control over it (I suspect I do)
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.

5thHorseman

EDIT:
I found why chairs aren't working on production items (beds too but I didn't notice it before) and am fixing it as we speak.

Okay I've updated the version to 1.1 and am updating the first post. Steam hates me and created a new page for the mod instead of updating the other one so that's a thing that happened. Seems to happen only to me but it happens to me every time I do anything on Steam so yay for me.

I have no idea if I did ModSync correctly, but it got no errors so hey let's assume it worked.

The new version has all the work tables in it with chairs. I have not looked into the ordering of the chairs. When I fix them, expect a 3rd version of this mod on Steam along with the rest of my hair getting pulled out.

5thHorseman

Okay 1.2's up:

1.2:
Switched order of chairs to make mod not be literally unplayable ;)
Added chairs to all previous production items that did not have chairs.
Added other beds to beds.
Modified file structure so I can more easily find and modify things later.

Note: The Steam link seems stable now so if you're subscribed, it should auto update.

5thHorseman

Okay 1.3 is up!

Please report any new (or still existing) bugs here. The only thing I'm sure is still present is that you have to own the item you selected (so selecting a wall in the world won't let you place a door) but that's so edge case I'm just not bothering with it.

In particular, Vents and Mortars should be fixed, and all the error spam on startup should be fine as well.

5thHorseman

1.4 is here. Download from the same places as always.

1.4:
Fixed mortars. Really this time. I removed them from the mod. :D
Changed the Rimworld version to match the new versioning of 0.19.x
Likely the last build for a while unless I need to fix a bug.

5thHorseman

MAJOR rewrite. I basically went through every single item and changed the way I coded them.
There should be NO more problems. If there are (and lets face it there probably are) tell me but for now, I'm considering this bug free.
Re-added mortars.

See OP for downloads and Steam page.

5thHorseman

I've updated this on Steam, but not the website yet.

No actual change, just 1.0 versioning. Note that it will work just fine in 0.19 as it's literally exactly the same.