[019.2009 x64] Staccato / laggy gamplay

Started by Aki-San, September 16, 2018, 06:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aki-San

Elephant842313 pathing from (12, 0, 17) to (167, 0, 273) hit search limit of 160000 cells.
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
Verse.AI.PathFinder:FindPath(IntVec3, LocalTargetInfo, TraverseParms, PathEndMode)
Verse.AI.PathFinder:FindPath(IntVec3, LocalTargetInfo, Pawn, PathEndMode)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:GenerateNewPath()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TrySetNewPath()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

First time this happened to me. On my map, the elephant in question had free access from his place to my colony. the map size is i think large 1 or 2.
this is the first colony i played in B19, so maybe something changed but even on ludicrous 2 in B18 i never had this happen.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Aki-San

Do you need the savegame or seed+location+mapsize?

I just added both, it is modded and the configuration changed since this error, but i had the same issue with a selftamed turtle. if they are in the lower 10% of the map and try to pathfind to my base, the game starts to heavily stutter until like 1m later the error pops up.

<world>
         <info>
            <name>Australis</name>
            <planetCoverage>0.3</planetCoverage>
            <seedString>Tribefun</seedString>
            <persistentRandomValue>1820529081</persistentRandomValue>
            <overallRainfall>Normal</overallRainfall>
            <overallTemperature>Normal</overallTemperature>
            <initialMapSize>(400, 1, 400)</initialMapSize>
         </info>

https://mega.nz/#!KjgDkDhB!1LDcaUuqRDO4_NKvtBXS2zKta6K9WsShN8qcRVgL9FY

ozimage

What happens is the game stops for a second, then continues for a few seconds, then stops again for a second, etc...in an endless loop.  This ruins the gameplay, completely.  There's no input either, during the stopped period. 
There seems to be no way to rid of this; the only thing I can do is to revert to an earlier save.

It has happened a number of times now.  No idea what causes it, usually it "just starts" seemingly random; this last time I can tell it started when a caravan arrived back.

I've checked resource usage; everything below 30% used (cpu, ram, i/o, gfx, you name it).
I've restarted the game, restarted the computer, turned it off, let it be for a night, came back the next day; nothing seemed to work in the past.

The computer is as follows:
Windows 7
Corsair Carbide 600Q
ASUS Maximus 9 Hero
i7-6700k
NZXT Kraken X62 cooler
G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Samsung 960 Evo (nvme)
ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI AMP Extreme
Seasonic Prime 850W Titanium

Please see the log file & the savegame here.

P.s.
I said "laggy" in the title even though it's incorrect - it's discontinuous but there's no latency.

Tynan

"Muffalo698469 pathing from (10, 0, 1) to (93, 0, 154) hit search limit of 160000 cells."

I believe this bug was fixed; it's an issue with animals in animal areas. Should go away if you remove or modify the animal areas.

Tynan

Two reports on this merged.

Ison please confirm already fixed.

mlzovozlm

im sure it's fixed, but on unstable, as far as i can see (.2039)
though of course, everyone who's on stable (.2009) ll continue to suffer til next stable out

ison