[B19]-DoReMi Mod (Unfinished)

Started by Daruny, September 17, 2018, 10:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daruny

Hello everyone, I am making a mod called DoReMi that has a radio in it, this radio plays music randomly from the folder, I added some effects to make sound more like an old radio (pure aesthetics) but luckily I figured how to make it so that it makes random music from the folder without a limit, basically you add files in there and if the colonist are bored they will go to listen to the radio. I am planning to add musical instruments for the colonist to play, listen, and make their own music sheets (pretty much an art sculpture) that can be sold, or played on music players (yeah you will listen to the music your own colonist makes ("oh but Daruny, you're a noob programmer, you don't even know what toil is") SHUDUFUGUP, I will do my best so people can enjoy the mod in a very balanced manner).

So anyways, I wanted to keep adding things related to music as I've seen that music related mods aren't kept up to date, and hey maybe I have different ideas from them so maybe who knows? We could work together or whatever.

Without further delay I will drop the link for you guys to download (and test for me) and see if you like it. If you have any recommendation or tips and whatever you would like to see drop a reply, I have nothing else to do but to look at big anime tiddies and make mods, and lucky for you, I'm making mods now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1snr2wr673y0m4/DoReMi.zip?dl=0

-How to install?
+Download the zip, extract with your fav extractor (.7zip), place on "Rimworld folder/mods/", run rimworld/64.exe and enable the mod in the mod options, preferably as the last (I highly doubt it conflicts with other mods)

-Will this mod require new save?
+I hope not, but you can test it by saving your current game as a back up, add the mod, enable, and test the save while keeping the backup, just in case.

-This music is fugly.
+Add your own music at "DoReMi/Sounds/Channels/", replace the old ones.

-Something is wrong with the mod/sound/I'm getting errors
+Reply here so we fix it   8)

-Can you add x? I really like y.
+Yeah why not? Really I'm just starting to program mods and I'm still very new to this but hey the things I make I learn with them, and the more I make the more I learn and the more you enjoy.

Credits for songs:
Radio Tunning by AR Sound Effects https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRmwqOx-t50
freesound.org Holfix - Vlog Time
freesound.org Cormi Mermaids
freesound.org James Longley piano song
freesound.org Jorgealfonso Guitar Comedie
freesound.org Shortiefoeva2 peaceful hip hop