[1.0.2049] Erratic black bar in options menu

Started by thiefzidane1, October 07, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thiefzidane1

When I open the options menu in either the Main Menu or in-game, there is a black horizontal bar on the bottom of the screen that moves erratically up and down to about the middle of the screen. I checked, and this doesn't happen on [beta19], or my other gaming PC. I am running 1920x1080 on a 4k monitor, which could be part of the issue maybe?

Not game breaking, but I didn't see a previous topic for this issue.

meteorbrews

Similar to this https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46066.0.

When opening the menu and selecting options, the screen goes black, though the mouse remains.  Sometimes I get a glimpse of the options menu before the screen goes black, but not always.  On top of that, when clicking, I can still interact with the options menu though I can't see it.  Hitting escape brings me back to the title page or to the game already in progress.  The game is unmodded.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

SirenoraElavia

Just today, I was messing with some mod additions when i noticed an issue with the option screen. (And please before you say anything yes i know it has nothing to do with the mods as ill explain.) First when accessing it from the home screen of the game. It glitches with black like the screen is trying to go black from the bottom up. When accessing the options from inside a game, it goes completely black and pops in and out of black. I can still click on anything i can see and can use the escape button to exit the options screen from within the game, but its very annoying and potentially problematic, as especially when i cant see anything, i cant change any options. I have tried removing all mods, restarting the game, restarting the computer, and even uninstalling the game, in many combinations but am still experiencing the issue, though last time i check the black partial glitching was only occurring up to about 4 inches from the bottom of the screen rather than half the screen like it originally did.

mlauindex

I am actually having the same issue. It began when I updated to 1.0. Never had an issue until the update. I've tried reverifying the files, reinstalling, uninstalling all mods, etc,. I ended up getting it to be resolved by changing a start up setting and messing with the options when I was in a newly created colony.

First I set the launch option of: -popupwindow

After that I created a random colony and was able to access my options menu. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I noticed the resolution was not set to 1920 x 1080, so I set it to that. Maybe the game is trying to resize and adjust itself while in the options menu? Either way this resolved the issue for me.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Kenneth

We seem to be getting multiple reports about this issue.
Everyone affected by this please post these infos here for us to investigate:
- Your graphics card
- Your graphics driver (is it up2date?)
- Your logfile (see https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0 on how to get and upload it)
- Which operating system are you using?
- Any further information you think might be useful to us

The more information we get about issues like this, the more clues we have for investigation! :)