Official: Swedish

Started by Tynan, July 09, 2014, 09:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Repo here: https://github.com/Ludeon/RimWorld-Swedish

This thread for discussing Swedish translation.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TreSxNine

Great, thanks! I'll take this in swedish, since everyone here is from Sweden. Tynan, I hope that's ok.

S� h�r l�ngt har jag (Daniel) och Zackiz �versatt allting i mappen Keyed. Jag har b�rjat lite sm�tt p� mappen DefInjected, men det �r l�ngt ifr�n klart. Zackiz forts�tter att finslipa p� �vers�ttningarna i Keyed. Det finns en TODO-lista i github-mappen d�r vi f�rs�ker uppdatera vad som finns att g�ra. Zackiz har ocks� gjort ett Google Docs dokument (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wb3xoe-Fi9ungcC7Jy-yuaOeuQuzURtQfpVFx4LU6xc/edit?usp=sharing) d�r man kan f�rs�ka h�lla koll p� vad som finns att g�ra. Jag t�nkte uppdatera den med filerna fr�n DefInjected lite senare.

zackiz

Av n�gon anledning s� har alla ��� f�rsvunnit in ditt inl�gg. EDIT: Mitt ocks�.

Som sagt, jag h�ller p� att spela och �ndra s� att �vers�ttningarna �r vettiga. Kommer att g�ra en push antingen imorgon eller p� fredag.

Alla som vill ha tillg�ng det drive dokumentet m�ste ge mig sin email s� jag kan l�gga till er.

@TY: There seams to be missing support for 3 swedish letters on these forums. Ã... Ã,, Ö

Tynan

Yes, I noticed.... Sorry about that. It is an English language forum though.

Evul

Well forums should usually be able to use those kind of letters. So i think it is strange that this engine don't handle certain letters.

Det ar ju cool med svenska ocksa ^^

Tynan

Quote from: Evul on July 09, 2014, 02:59:55 PM
Well forums should usually be able to use those kind of letters. So i think it is strange that this engine don't handle certain letters.

Det ar ju cool med svenska ocksa ^^

Yeah, you're definitely right. It should be fixed - if only I had the time!

ricande

Hi guys.. Is there room for one more Swedish translator? I have a lot of free time now @ work this summer. Guess i could do something useful for a change! ;)

Swedish follows:

Jag jobbar som IT-tekniker pa en random kommun, och har forbannat lite att gora nu under semestertiderna. Behover Ni mer folk, sa staller jag garna upp.

Off topic:
Are the forum character format, set to UTF-8 (standard) or some wierd ANSI?

TreSxNine

Hey Ricande. Check out the README and TODO in the github rep. Tynan should have given it to you. Help is always appreciated. You could either translate some of the DefInjected that still aren't translated, or try to perfect some of the grammar. (There are a lot of small optimizations to be had).

zackiz

Hey! I would rather see that you help with Defs atm, please coordinate with TreSxNine. I have alot of changes coming that I havnt pushed yet. I will tomorrow or friday (looks more and more like friday).

Tynan

Anyone who wants to help, please just post your github name and I'll give you access. Ricande, I added you so you can now push to the repo.

Zacka

Hey everybody, I just signed up to the forum and Github so I could help out with the translation. I realize that TresX is working hard on rough translations atm and have already identified a few typos I could fix, other than that I assume what is top priority is finishing the Def translations. Before I got started I just wanted to make sure I understand the process: I open a <languagedata> tag, translate the english text using the <defName.fieldName> format, and then I remove all the original data in the .xml file?

TreSxNine

Yes, pretty much. I've used the german translating for template, then erased everything in the file on github and replaced it with he german translation. Then I have translated the german words using the english words from the file on github that I saved somewhere else. Just check the files I have already translated and you should get the hang of it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Zacka

Yes I think I figured it out, I used your translations as an example and I am already done with my corrections and the rest of the recipedefs. I think I will do researchdefs as well and then commit it.

Edit: Damn there was more than I expected in the research folder, well I finished the first file at least, commiting now. I hope nobody minds that I add myself to "translators" in the Readme :P

TreSxNine

Haha, adding yourself was what I did aswell. You should definitely commit often, otherwise we might do the same work.

Edit: I read through some of your translations and realised that we should coordinate more in terms of term usage. For example, you have used the term "utsokt matratt" while I, previously, in the Keyed folder remember using something else. Just something I realised, might be some "last stage" type of operation. We should definitely focus of rawly translating everything first; this is just nittypicking.

Zacka

I actually had the same thought, I searched the repository to see if somebody had translated "nutrient paste" or "gun turret" yet, I translated gun turret to kanontorn and nutrientpaste to naringsmassa. Deciding on what adjectives to use for the three tiers of meals was tricky, and they're definitely up for discussion.