Infinite Raids Bug

Started by Charukin, October 21, 2018, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charukin

I've encountered a huge error and I don't know what's causing it.

I got a notification for a refugee being chased by around 10-ish tribals, and decided to offer him safety.
After I accepted, raids were being spawned indefinitely at the exact same location and it doesn't seem to stop. It's causing insane lag where I literally have less that 1 fps.

This only happens when I offer safety to refugees. Normal raids from enemy factions don't cause any trouble.

Here are the log files:
https://git.io/fxKHI

Razuhl

Try disabling battlemounts. If you look at the stacktrace and you find something with "_Patch[number]" hugslib might list the corresponding mod at the beginning of the log file. For example:

RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker_Patch0 <= from your log error

search for the name of the red function at the beginning of the log.

IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecuteWorker: TRANS: Battlemounts.Harmony.IncidentWorker_Raid_TryExecuteWorker.Transpiler <= At the beginning

You will find as many lines at the beginning(and therefore possible mods) as the number in the patch indicates(+1). In this case only battlemounts shows up, doesn't mean it's the culprit but thats were you can start.

Legless

Can confirm, encountered the same raid-multiplying problem.
Tried to reduce enemy battlemount chance to 0, no more bug.

Roolo

Make sure do download the latest version of battle mounts. I just found out somehow Github arranged the v1.1.0 to be above the v1.1.1, so I can imagine this caused you to download an earlier version. If you didn't download the mods manually, please let me know, then it's a different problem.

Charukin

Disabling Battlemounts fixed it, thank you so much! I learned something new  :)

Roolo

Quote from: Charukin on October 22, 2018, 04:55:55 AM
Disabling Battlemounts fixed it, thank you so much! I learned something new  :)

Please do take a look at my previous post and respond to it. I'm the creator of battle mounts, so I'd like a solution that doesn't involve disabling it. For me it works just fine, so I think it's caused by people downloading an older version or otherwise a mod conflict. Please let me know if you use the steam version of the github version. If you do use the Github version, please let me know if downloading the latest version of Battle Mounts fixed it for you.

Charukin

I was using the Steam version.

Legless

Roolo

Thanks for the reports guys, I've fixed the issue in the latest version of Battle Mounts.

I understand now why I couldn't reproduce it. Whenever the refuge chased event occurred, the game wanted to learn the player about shield belts, by checking for each member of the raid if it has shield belts. This failed for animals since they can't have apparel at all. Since I already clicked "mark as learned" for the shield belt lesson, the error didn't occur for me, and that's why I couldn't reproduce it. After I reset all the lessons, I could reproduce and fix it. Earlier versions of Battle Mounts already had a check for this, but in 1.0 it stopped working.

Ziomislaw

I have that bug but I don't even have battlemounts installed.