Inspired colonist with no Art or Crafting skills...

Started by zathura, October 30, 2018, 03:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zathura

He was, however, adept at construction. After several minutes on pause while I considered the options, this is how I used it, lol.

[attachment deleted due to age]

b0rsuk

I bet your colonists volunteer to frontline just to get a chance to lie in it. 160%rest effectiveness, 1.36 comfort!

zathura

Quote from: b0rsuk on October 30, 2018, 04:37:00 PM
I bet your colonists volunteer to frontline just to get a chance to lie in it. 160%rest effectiveness, 1.36 comfort!

They don't seem to care, tbh. I had one colonist (Tobias) where I had to replace both of his lungs (asthma) and his heart, and he chose to lie in one of the other beds (good to excellent quality).

Never fear...they all "volunteer" for the frontlines regardless. In my colony, if you can't fight, you'd better be a damn good doctor. (Morrical gets cut a break because she is not only one of my best doctors, but my only cannibal, so she gets the duty of carving up raiders for kibble. I let her have a taste, every now and again, despite her being a pacifist.)

Kinda disappointed it doesn't have an "art" appellation, though. I was expecting it to be engraved or something like legendary weapons. Guess furniture doesn't get that treatment.

AileTheAlien

Dargaron

The bots have learned to philosophize. The Mechanoid invasion is nigh.

But why make the Hospital bed out of Plasteel? Just for lulz, or to prevent it from being inflammable?

Yoshida Keiji

I had the habit to make plasteel hospital beds when they required 10 medicine to build before v1.0 but now the requirement is 5 components, I guess the other user kept his old habit as well.

zathura

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on November 01, 2018, 08:29:54 AM
I had the habit to make plasteel hospital beds when they required 10 medicine to build before v1.0 but now the requirement is 5 components, I guess the other user kept his old habit as well.

Actually I just assumed it would have more hitpoints than anything else, and possibly better rest stats than stone. *shrug*

Yoshida Keiji

I wasn't clear enough, yes, making them of plasteel made them more resistant (higher HP).

Pletter

We all know the real reason you make plasteel hospital beds, 420 hitpoints.