Countries that play RimWorld, What country are YOU from?

Started by Ender, July 11, 2014, 03:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What continent of the world are you from?

Africa
4 (1.7%)
Antarctica (lol?)
5 (2.1%)
Asia
15 (6.3%)
Australia
12 (5%)
Europe
138 (57.7%)
North America
56 (23.4%)
South America
9 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 239

XanderDox

Ender

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2014, 10:45:08 AM
Are you Japanese players playing with the translation?

In fact, how many of you non-English speakers are actually using the appropriate translations?

honestly, i'm not Japanese, but have lived here for more than a month now, as well as attending highschool here during that same time and from what i have seen most highschool students know probably know enough just from school of English to stumble through RimWorld, at least in the Kanagawa area where is live as of now, and thats not speaking for the gamers, who learn a lot more English through games(on a bit of a side note, i have a friend from Holland who says "I got the vocabulary of my English from games, and the rules from school) .
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

RocketFuelio

tommonius

heya all, I am from The UK. Also my first post on the forums (long time lurker)

Taiwendo

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2014, 10:45:08 AM
Are you Japanese players playing with the translation?

In fact, how many of you non-English speakers are actually using the appropriate translations?

I play Rimworld in Japanese.
The translation is well done, not optimal but good.
I can fortunately also English.

But until now I had no problems and the game is cool.

Sion

I'm from Sweden and I play RimWorld ;D

You should set up a pool where you can choose 1 country hat you are from, so we can see what country have most users.
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Ender

Quote from: Sion on July 18, 2014, 10:24:22 AM
I'm from Sweden and I play RimWorld ;D

You should set up a pool where you can choose 1 country hat you are from, so we can see what country have most users.

Great idea, but unfortunately it wont work, as the current programming for polls wont let you move around the individual votes. so in order to add another country to the list the votes would get mixed up. unless Tynan or someone else can tell me that i'm missing something. i really would have wanted to do this but just not possible atm. though for now i can do a continent poll.

Sion

I assume you mean that the country with most votes should be highest up?
That isn't really necessary, especially if it is impossible.
Just add the countries alphabetically (or random, or whatever), then it will be more clear how many from each country there is than it currently is at the moment (not clear at all).
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

Ender

Quote from: Sion on July 19, 2014, 09:34:54 AM
I assume you mean that the country with most votes should be highest up?
That isn't really necessary, especially if it is impossible.
Just add the countries alphabetically (or random, or whatever), then it will be more clear how many from each country there is than it currently is at the moment (not clear at all).
no i mean if i did it alphabetically it wouldn't be doable because you cant move items down the list in the poll, the only way to do it is to delete that entry name and change it to the other name you want (country name in our case) which would then give that new country all the votes of the country's name that you just replaced in the list. This is ridiculously hard to explain in text.

Viceroy

Dog goes moo!

ThermalShark

I am from Brazil, but i use english in game because i also speak english, and the translation in the game is from Portugal and is not perfect.
What happens when Pinocchio says: "My nose will grow now"?