1.0 Linux error

Started by cknappiowa, November 15, 2018, 10:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cknappiowa

I purchased the game today and downloaded both Windows and Linux versions since I dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu 18.10. Linux is my main OS, with Windows just sort of there for things I can't run on Linux easily. Unfortunately, it seems RimWorld is one of those things.

When I try to run the game it starts and crashes immediately. When I run it from a terminal to see what the problem is, I get the following message:

Set current directory to /home/clint/Documents/RimWorld2059Linux
Found path: /home/clint/Documents/RimWorld2059Linux/RimWorld2059Linux.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '/home/clint/Documents/RimWorld2059Linux/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/home/clint/Documents/RimWorld2059Linux/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/home/clint/Documents/RimWorld2059Linux/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/Mono/etc'
Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
Preloaded 'libCSteamworks.so'
Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'
Unable to preload the following plugins:
   ScreenSelector.so
   libCSteamworks.so
   libsteam_api.so
Player data archive not found at `/home/clint/Documents/RimWorld2059Linux/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

I didn't have this error on Alpha 17, and despite redownloading the install zip twice, wiping any config info, and trying numerous times to fix it on my side I am at a loss as to how to get it running properly. I don't use Steam at all, so I'm not sure why it wants to load Steam libraries in the first place, though I can plainly see they are included in the plugins folder.

notfood

I have the same log, the lines are the same.

Quote/tmp $ head rimworld_log -n 50
Set current directory to /media/Eientei/opt/RimWorld/1.0
Found path: /media/Eientei/opt/RimWorld/1.0/RimWorld2059Linux.x86_64
Mono path[0] = '/media/Eientei/opt/RimWorld/1.0/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/Managed'
Mono path[1] = '/media/Eientei/opt/RimWorld/1.0/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/Mono'
Mono config path = '/media/Eientei/opt/RimWorld/1.0/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/Mono/etc'
Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
Preloaded 'libCSteamworks.so'
Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'
Unable to preload the following plugins:
        ScreenSelector.so
        libCSteamworks.so
        libsteam_api.so
Player data archive not found at `/media/Eientei/opt/RimWorld/1.0/RimWorld2059Linux_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystemDesktop is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
New context 0x36c3b08 created with attributes:

It's crashing when it tries to start the video. My guess is that you are using incompatible video drivers or you are requesting a video size that your video card can't give.

cknappiowa

Have graphic requirements changed that much since Alpha 17? That works flawlessly.

Otherwise, I don't see the "data.unity3d" file/folder at all in my RimWorld2059Linux_Data folder. Is this a change as well where the config file should be located instead of .config? The only other thing I can think of is to force the resolution at load at the same time -force-opengl is enabled. Anyone know the syntax for that?

notfood

I don't have data.unity3d either. It doesn't matter.

Unity always runs under opengl for Linux.

Maybe your video driver got updated? I have a nvidia card and I run it with __GL_IGNORE_GLSL_EXT_REQS=1

vsvasya

After a year I found the solution :)

Now I can run a game (1.0 version) on my Intel graphics (i915) with such command from the game folder:
MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=150 MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.2 ./start_RimWorld_openglfix.sh