[1.0] RIMMSqol - IG Modding, Pawn editing, Search, Pathfinding, Food rules, ...

Started by Razuhl, November 16, 2018, 09:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razuhl

Added new patch "dropdowns with icons". The floating menues on the architect buttons will now display icons in addition to the text. This works for selecting buildings and selecting material.

Razuhl

- Expanded the recipe settings. It should now include everything. Previous settings regarding ingredient count are lost.

- Added "Materials" and "Additional costs" to building configuration. With that all building costs can be changed. In order for it to take effect the buttons must be refreshed.

- Added new patch: "ThingFilter fixes" that corrects some normally unused vanilla code which was supposed to allow things based on material categories.

- Bug Fix: plants that could not be eaten would log a warning and be excluded from configuring(burning tree)

EMBEAM

Awesome mod, could you provide a non steam download?
(Btw you can get a non steam download by other means)

Razuhl

- Made the label for main buttons editable.

- Added main buttons that can be used as drop downs. By default they are hidden. They can be configured using the main buttons section in the mod menu.

- Added support for multiline messages in the CuM dialog.

Bug-Fix: Fixed message in CuM dialog for missing trait for backstory.

Bug-Fix: Fixed an error that would occur if a thought was changed which contained an undefined thought stage entry(mostly stages for room thoughts that are linked to quality).

dookie

While someone could find this mod using a web search, that host site is not technically legal.  Since you have a restrictive copyright (i.e. no inclusion in modpacks, no derivatives even with attribution); it doesn't make sense that you would direct users from this forum to that "alternative" Steam workshop. 

Of course, you can publish your mod however you like, but it would be very simple to attach to the original post or upload it somewhere.  If you're taking the time to update this thread, that isn't really any extra effort/work.  People on Steam are practically just as anonymous, and if you attach it to this thread, there would be a download counter as well. 

There are rational reasons why many of us don't use Steam and/or its Workshop, which I won't get into detail here.  My point is, people are going to keep asking for a download regardless, especially since your explanation is pretty contradictory.  Don't misunderstand: I'm not saying you have to explain yourself.  I'm only putting forth a suggestion.

Pangaea

Probably half the posts in here are wishes for a non-steam download, but for whatever reason the mod author is not forthcoming with that. I don't really understand the reasoning, but never mind that. Means I won't use this mod.

Like heartwarmingly many others, I don't own any games on steam, don't use it, and never will. So if a mod is only available there (yes, yes...) then it's not something I can or will use.

Ruisuki

I came here because I was recommended this mod given my tabs are full and new mods that introduce more are not able to be shown but come to find out this mod also allows me to speed up floor tiles so my dream of making an elevator at the end of my base with 120% walk speed can come true once again? I had thought that dream died after the fences and floors mod died and the author quit. Is there any problem in editing floors like this though? As i recall that aspect of the mod was reportedly very buggy back when it was active.

Razuhl

Floors can have more than 100% walkspeed. You probably should use custom pathfinding though, since the vanilla code isn't dealing correctly with such tiles. So with vanilla you are no longer guranteed to find the best path - even on short distances.

There are no outstanding bugs, if you have anything concrete just report it.

Ruisuki

By custom pathfinding do you mean supplementing it with a mod like path avoid? I only plan to use this on tiles that are 1x1 corridors where there is no other option but to go in a straight line, not on intersections or locations where they may split off from the intended path, to simulate an elevator going up and down my mountain base.

edit: ah you mean using the mods restricted movement system. Ok ill give it a go if it becomes a problem and pawns start avoiding the speed paths

Tocato

Should probably deactivate path avoid? I noticed its buttons under the architect menu disappeared after I installed this. Same with the blueprint plans of More planning

Ruisuki

check the mod options menu and look for avoid the refreshing of architect buttons under general. that might do it

Razuhl

@Ruisuki Custom pathfinding is active if you select an algorithm in the mod menu for the various "PF" properties. It replaces the vanilla algorithm for finding a path from a to b. If you set the corresponding configuration to a number of at least map size you will always use an optimal path. In vanilla pathfinding accuracy deteriorates based on distance between start and finish - that's why people march through swamp instead of going around it. Using speeds above 100% has a similar effect on the vanilla algorithm.

@Tocato Like Ruisuki said that setting should help with most mods. The issue is described in more detail in the bug thread(bottom of first page).

Tocato

so this new architect tab "PF directions" is what you use to increase tile speed? As far as I could tell thats what influenced the direction pawns generally traveled in, not the speed at which they do? How do you actually set them higher? I want into the mod options, terrains and floors and i saw you could change the beauty, filth and the like but didnt see an option for it. Im trying to set my path for 130, another for 120 and a last one for 110% walk boost

Razuhl

Quote from: Tocato on September 19, 2019, 01:11:16 AM
so this new architect tab "PF directions" is what you use to increase tile speed? As far as I could tell thats what influenced the direction pawns generally traveled in, not the speed at which they do?

Correct. In the settings "Floor or Terrain" you can set the property "Path-Cost". That is the additive malus for walking over the tile. Making it negative generates display values beyond 100%(or if far enough in the negative negative percentages). The displayed percentage however is just bullshit, its not a multiplier.

Razuhl

- Added food restrictions to the packing lunch job. Pawns will also ignore any food present in their inventory that is not allowed for consumption when deciding if they need to pack lunch. They will however not drop the food by themselfs.

- Added the "Transporter" settings to buildings that support them.
- Added partial configuration support. When changing objects a new toggle button appears behind properties. If that button is green the configured value is used, otherwise the value remains unchanged. This allows for example to configure the menu placement of buildings while still adopting all changes to the other properties through later mod updates or changes in the mod list. Properties are automatically flagged as active when a change occurs to them. They have to be flagged as inactive manually. Any changes in the property will be lost if they are flagged as inactive and the menu gets closed. Settings that are stored inside a list with varying number of entries are not eligible for this system and all fields will count as active.
- Bug Fix: When navigating inside the editing pages the currently edited value got changed before the frame finished rendering, which could cause error messages.
- Bug Fix: When editing objects, resetting them and saving in specific combinations the default values could be polluted. That could cause changes to stick until a restart.

- Added the "refuellable" settings to buildings.

- Added new category "Summary" in the mod menu. It lists all active modifications and allows quick access to their editing page as well as to reset them.

- Added more research tabs and made them editable(label and order). If a research tab is not in use(No research project uses that tab) it won't be displayed.
- Added new patch "Research-Tab Drawer" that hides unused research tabs.
- Added support for comp "SeverityPerDay" on hediffs. If it isn't used on a hediff it won't show up.

- Made research projects editable
- Added an exclusion zone designator to the pathfinding menu, when selecting a cell or a zone the surrounding cells are changed so that pawns can't move into the selected area.
- All pathfinding designators now highlight the selected area when dragging.