Goals:

Make infection and scarring chance depend on;

Severity of the wound
Time it took for treatment to be administered
Treatment quality
Medicine used
Time it took for wound to heal

Reasons:

As it stands the doctor and the medicine used seems pretty much irrelevant. Scars don't happen because the doctor was a quack and botched the stiching or setting the bone, but because rng decides it. I wouldn't be so annoyed if rng decided if the wound is gonna scar or not after the treatment while the wound is healing, but no. It is decided the moment the wound is inflicted in the middle of the battle! So basically, in the middle of the battle the wound instantly heals and turns into a scar. It is quite ridiculous tbh.

Now that we are done with how scars are procured, lets talk about infection. Infection also isn't dependent on the quality of treatment nor the doctor. It is wholely dependent on how clean the room is and nothing else. When a wound is inflicted rng kicks in and decides if the wound is gonna be infected or not. Afterwards a hidden timer starts ticking and if the wound isn't treated, it will get infected for sure when the timer runs out. If the wound is treated, the infection chance will be reduced depending on how clean the room the treatment done was. The quality of the treatment nor the doctor doesn't matter. So basically you can have a level 1 quack or level 20 master doctor and it wouldn't make a speck of difference! The only thing level of the doctor effects is how fast he can patch up that wound and the tend quality. And the tend quality doesn't effect anything but the speed the wound heals. It doesn't effect scarring nor infection chance, which is what my problem is with this whole medical system...

Conclusion:

This really shouldn't be that hard of a change. I want my colonists to be scarred or infected mostly because they got bad or late treatment or because their wound was very bad, not because they pulled the short straw in the middle of the battle. I don't want my '2/40 torso' almost dead colonist to heal to %100 even with a level 1 quack doctor and herbal medicine. If this kind of wound is gonna completely heal, it should be because the doctor, facilities and the medicine used were of top quality.

Believe me when i say this will add alot to the game and the story telling aspect of it. Most people see scars as an annoyance, and i do too, because scars are just a roll of the dice thing. My decisions or circumstances of the colony have no effect over it. So it is a complete annoyance. But if you were to make my decisions have an effect on the whole deal to some degree, this will change. If i couldn't give the best treatment to my colonist because my colony didn't have the means and he got a scar out of the ordeal, then i would be fine with that scar as the player. Every time i see that scar, it would remind me of that hard battle the colony have gone through and how my colonist barely survived the ordeal. It may still be an annoyance, but it would also serve a purpose in the story. It wouldn't just be a roll of the dice thing where my colonist got a magical wound that instantly healed into a scar in the middle of the battle. It would be because i as the player couldn't provide my colonist. I really believe this should be in the core game...

Ironfist56

Yeah gotta say I completely agree with this. I like seeing my colonists health screen tell a story about whats happened to them. I'd be happen even with a mod that did this honestly.