We need Poop

Started by Yoshida Keiji, December 06, 2018, 10:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

We need Poop

I cycle through all biomes in each new game. In the hard biomes I hardly keep animals, but then neither do I in the temperate ones. The new pet system is beyond awful to the point that now you need dedicated tamers if you want a large farm. But besides this fuck up in version 1.0, we also have the problem that animals graze too much and vegetation growth is too slow even when making large hay plantations.

Additionally, the new vegetation growth system makes it impossible to control "flora expansion" as opposed to previous builds. There should be a way to prevent regrown in areas we want to keep clean.

Because of this, we need animal poop. Fertilizers from chicken coops for example, that when applied on plantations it would boost the land fertility like rich soil, but of course with the penalty of foul odor. (Disclaimer: I'm not a farmer.)

Looking at more than 5.000+ in game hs, I realized that I only built a proper chicken coop just once in all my games and hardly kept a proper cow pasture. Mostly due to the rarity of getting bulls.

BasileusMaximos

You can download Bad Hygiene which does all that but the poop is exclusively human.

I know you don't like mods, but I can assure you that it is seamlessly integrated with the rest of the game; it feels like it was put in by Tygan himself.

vzoxz0

Tygan is the best modder, surely. I hear he's Tynan's evil twin.

mcduff

Manure and fertiliser is one of my A+ requests of all time for the game...

Namsan

I would love to make a prison cell with many manure. ;)
Hello

jacob814

As mentioned previously in this thread, a mod name bad hygiene includes this and although turned off by default, you can have animals poop too. Also, although I agree that having to have dedicated tamers kinda sucks, the loss of tameness for an animal was implemented so you couldn't abuse the system through having a colony of dogs. With that said, both chickens and cows have 0% wildness so they never lose their tameness.
My Mods:
Glass&Lights