Dead mod

Started by nylem, December 12, 2018, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nylem

Hi all. First off if this is in the wrong category/offtopic etc I apologise.

This is a completely selfish request but does anyone know where I can go to beg the revival of a dead mod? I went away in B18 and came back to find one of my favourite mods https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128356018&tscn=1544461504 has stopped being updated as the author no longer has time to maintain it and has stated people can do what they want with it. Yeah, it's a super cheat mod that takes away all the challenge even on the most insanest of difficulties and I'm sure a lot of people will hate it but I like it. It was also good for testing purposes of other mods. The weapons are pretty cool as well in a stupidly OP way. I'm guessing that this is a no go but thought I'd ask. Thanks all.

nylem

I didn't expect anyone would know but it was worth a shot. I'm going to have a go myself at updating it but I know nothing about modding or programming. Are the guides scattered around here for modding still relevant for 1.0? The mod is 0.18 so I think I'll fail but you never know. Thanks all.

Sandy

Quote from: nylem on December 19, 2018, 05:09:34 AM
I didn't expect anyone would know but it was worth a shot. I'm going to have a go myself at updating it but I know nothing about modding or programming. Are the guides scattered around here for modding still relevant for 1.0? The mod is 0.18 so I think I'll fail but you never know. Thanks all.

If the mod only adds new contents, like weapons and buildings, with slight changes, then its mostly done in xml only.. xml modding is easy.. in vanilla game "Core" folder, u'll find all the xml files.. download Notepad++ to read them easily.. then compare this mod and vanilla xml code line-by-line, and add whatever's missing.. most of the things are named so obviously, u can understand what it means easily..

Also, this mod doesnt have a non-steam download link, so i cant help u..

nylem

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, to the best of my knowledge it just adds buildings, weapons, clothes and a wall. It doesn't alter any behaviour or anything. Thanks for the help. I'll do what you suggest.

RDMJoker

Hey there,

you could also look at this. This is my Mod Update Megathread where I take request to update mods to 1.0 or create patches and so on.

In case the mod is only avaible on the steam workshop: If you really want it updated we can see if we find a way for me to still be able to do so.
Post in the thread or write me a PM if your interested.

Best regards,
RDMJoker
For glory and mankind!
Check out my Mod Update Megathread if you have request for mod updates, patches, translations or mods.