[1.0] (WIP) RIMHEIM

Started by TomZ, December 17, 2018, 01:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Hey there !
First of all sorry for my bad english in advance ! ;)

Some weeks ago i wanted to tease some modders on making a "nordic medieval" themed mod by throwing lot of battle brothers artwork at the discord with the hope of exciting them. Someone suggested that i should start myself as the basic xml modding shouldn't be complex even for a big newb like me.
Finally it's what i did, and really enjoyed to draw little things and see them ingame. But as soon as my expectation growed i faced some troubles with that dark Xml langage ! That lean to the fact that i am really slow at "coding", but i still made some progress, slowly....

So, lemme get to the point ! If some modders/coders are interested in that project please poke me on the rimworld discord :

TomZy#8286

RIMHEIM NEEDS YOU !

WHAT IS ALREADY DONE :
Apparels : Tunic, MailShirt, CoatOfPlates (gonna need some rework soon)
Helm : a simple helmet replacement for the vanilla one, three helmets "framework" with 3-4 variations each
Weapons : Hatchet, Axe, GreatAxe, NordicSword, 2H Nordic sword, 2H Noble sword, Hunting Bow (redraw from battle brothers arts), Spear
Shields are partially implemented, will choose a framework soon
One faction on 3 planed, with nordic names working. But still got few xml errors

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ADD
2 more factions
Researchs : Apparels/Armors, construction, Weapons
Building : maybe 3 workbenches (Blacksmith, Armorsmith, Shieldsmith)
I would like to add 2 walls, i've got a wooden palissade working but i am not satisfied with my actual art on it so gonna redraw. And i would like a reinforced palissade (stone fundation + woodenpikes)

Also, I am looking for some "writers" with a better english and sense of humor than mine for writing some backstories, using the fantastic tool by Jecrell :
RimWorld-Backstory-Studio : https://github.com/jecrell/RimWorld-Backstory-Studio
Here is a shortlist of backstories to make :

Fishmonger;   Laborer;  Cooper;  Baker; Furrier; Butcher ,Carpenter ,Tailor, Falconer ,StoneMason ,Miller ,Lumberer, Fisher, Farmer, Tavern Keeper, Brewer, Artisan, Blacksmith, Armorer, Settler, Shield Maker, Stable boy, Digger, Gatherer, Herborist, Standard Bearer, Swordmaster, Sellsword, Adventurous Noble, Disowned Noble, Retired Soldier, Deserter, Thief, Farmhand, Bowyer, Mason, Apprentice, Historian, Hound master Butcher, Juggler, Messenger, Vagabond, Graverobber, Sheperd, Eunuch, Ratcatcher, Thrall

Skàl !!

Kramoliun

Nice Mod you planned there about nords, it would be a  great addiction to my mod list, looking foward to see the 1st version
Alea Jacta Est.

Daïkï97427

This is brilliant ! Good luck with that mod