[MOD] (Alpha 6) Gun Emplacements 1.2 Updated 07.30.2014

Started by Viper717, July 14, 2014, 11:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forsaken1111

Quote from: AfroHarrison on July 24, 2014, 02:12:50 PMAnd for craftable component. Probably not. This is do to the upgraded specs on the guns. We don't want any colonist being able to equip and carry them.
Leaving aside the awesomeness that that would cause (colonists in power armor carrying around a cannon... hah!) I meant having them as craftable items. The item wouldn't be usable as a weapon until mounted. For example in the TTM mod you can make a 'fitted gun' out of a pistol and then that fitted gun is a component of the turret. You can't use the fitted gun as a weapon for the colonists. The upgraded turrets work the same way, with trader-purchasable components which are not actual weapons but are components for the turret.

The whole idea of having silver as a crafting requirement just feels off to me, but I can manage if this isn't something you're planning. :)

Somz

Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 25, 2014, 06:32:55 AM

The whole idea of having silver as a crafting requirement just feels off to me, but I can manage if this isn't something you're planning. :)

I don't know, I'm good with it. Since basically the only component required to make everything is metal (until new resources are introduced), I don't mind a little bit of twist.
Clutter mod, miscellaneous w/ Mai, Jaxxa Shields, they all do the same. ;)
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

AfroHarrison

Quote from: forsaken1111 on July 25, 2014, 06:32:55 AM
Leaving aside the awesomeness that that would cause (colonists in power armor carrying around a cannon... hah!) I meant having them as craftable items. The item wouldn't be usable as a weapon until mounted. For example in the TTM mod you can make a 'fitted gun' out of a pistol and then that fitted gun is a component of the turret. You can't use the fitted gun as a weapon for the colonists. The upgraded turrets work the same way, with trader-purchasable components which are not actual weapons but are components for the turret.

As of right now, there are no plans on making a craftable component for the requirements. We didn't want to overwhelm ourselves with too many components of the mod. We decided silver as a component to simulate purchasing of the weapon to attach. When more item types are added to the game we may re-visit the idea of craftable components as a requirement for building the emplacements.

Viper717

Update 1.2 now live!

Changed in this version;
GE-X6 shotgun emplacement
Futuristic texture pack

welcomeHub

Shortgun ww2 textures has bug, trying to find things/building/ww2/ShortGunTurretBase, I guess it should be TurretBase?

Viper717

Yes, sorry ill fix the zip file.
I thought we already fixed it.

-=Edit=-
Fixed the file in all zips.

2rok

Please update to alpha6! This is my favorite mod I can't live without it!!!

Viper717

Quote from: 2rok on August 17, 2014, 10:45:07 AM
Please update to alpha6! This is my favorite mod I can't live without it!!!

Hey 2rok,
Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod, i've just tested the current build with the latest game version and its working great!
Please let us know if you encounter any bugs!

Cheers

DAOWAce

Quote from: welcomeHub on August 03, 2014, 02:50:31 AM
Shortgun ww2 textures has bug, trying to find things/building/ww2/ShortGunTurretBase, I guess it should be TurretBase?

Quote from: Viper717 on August 03, 2014, 10:56:07 AM
Yes, sorry ill fix the zip file.
I thought we already fixed it.

-=Edit=-
Fixed the file in all zips.

It's now ShotgunTurretBase, but that still doesn't exist as a texture.  Looks like it should just be TurretBase.

Also, there's a whole bunch of desktop.ini files in the folders causing them to appear empty.  Seems your Windows has created them for some reason and they got packed by your archival tool.

Lastly, are the other texture files needed?  Removing them could free up ~1.5MB from the mod data from each version.

Iwillbenicetou

Can you make a very simplistic version?
Edit: Simplisitc Rimworld style...
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Bruvvy

This adds a lot more to do in rimworld that's for sure

Lithial

Idk if its been asked yet but any chance of superior crafting intergration?? :P

Viper717

Quote from: Lithial on August 26, 2014, 11:10:47 PM
Idk if its been asked yet but any chance of superior crafting intergration?? :P

Theres been no requests for it thus far, but i can see how difficult it will be to integrate, if its not too hard then i can start working on that.

Cheers

Bodog999

Quote from: kfm2010 on July 15, 2014, 07:21:55 AM
;D wow.. i love the powerful thing..

maybe can add new  power Mortar or howitzer 8)
There is already a mod which includes a powerfull howitzer. BUT its electric and not manned. A manned howitzer would be very funny :D

Zeta Omega