(Co2)Oxygen

Started by TheOcean, July 15, 2014, 02:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOcean

1. Oxygen. Currently on the planet is oxygen so that we are quite safe. It is proposed to add to the hardest level of difficulty generating a world in which there is no oxygen. We would have to build a room closed and the oxygen generator (?) Same as for each difficulty level could use ventilation when you want to build a shelter. To go outside we need oxygen to our suits in which we start the game. Before we crashed, we had suit.

2. New types of planets. For this proposal perfectly fit with the new type of planets on which there is no life. It would be a planet covered in snow with rarely occurring buffalo. And here I would suggest to add a rare event, the animals could go through the map. Like now, for example travelers.

Food can be grown in our shelter.

I'm a fan of survival. So I expected this from the game

(google translator + my english =? )

BetaSpectre

Well, an issue would be keeping electricity running, no oxygen generator no life.

With that said I believe that one should be able to leave the starting planet with a ship, then pilot said ship to a new planet of your choosing.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

TheOcean

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 15, 2014, 03:13:47 AM
Well, an issue would be keeping electricity running, no oxygen generator no life.

With that said I believe that one should be able to leave the starting planet with a ship, then pilot said ship to a new planet of your choosing.
Currently, electricity is stored in batteries, so the oxygen could also be stored in cylinders, in the event of a solar storm would be oxygen in cylinders to fill their suits. In the event of an accident :)

theapolaustic1

That wouldn't really fit RW's flavor at all, tbh. Rimworld is heavily inspired by Firefly, Ty's shooting for a "space western" vibe. That doesn't work so well if they have to be in a spacesuit.

(You may like the game Spacebase DF-9, though. It's somewhat similar and does rely on those mechanics.)

Rpomr2

Just a heads up is that Tynan has previously dabbled in trying to add this feature to rimworld, the feature is present in one of the prototype versions of rimworld although i warn you in case you havent tried it yet is that it's very buggy and unstable

anyway have a happy day  ;D
Bobo out
You may be the Batman but I...am The Bobo

TheOcean

Where can I send a box of vodka as tynan add it to the game? : D

Rpomr2

it might be a bit tricky to add that to the game at this point also seeing as everything on the planet requires oxygen including those delicious squirrels and the potato's although i wouldn't mind seeing the feature as like an option when you start the game, Now THAT would make for some interesting play :)

/Bobo out

PsychoForge

Could always make the planet no oxygen and have research in to terraforming the lifeless planet in to a habitable one thru research and tech. and along the way the planet starts getting life on it

bjo0rn

Interesting idea. Oxgen reserves could make power shortages less lethal. I don't ser why lack of oxygen would be a problem to animals. They could breath a different gas. The survival of the various factions that visit and raid is more problematic.

Captain Sho

The problem with the idea of landing on a planet with no oxygen is that there would be no way to grow crops and no animals so no chance of food.

Now what I could see are events and different terrains that produce clouds of toxic gas and require the colonists to have their own oxygen supply. As for your rooms they would require purifiers.

TheOcean

You could grow plants underground, the condition is fertilizer, solar lamp, and of course oxygen. The invaders would suit that would allow breathing for 10-20 minutes then suffocate. That would be interesting. Something completely different.

Animals breathe poisonous gas for us. Or none at all. If you want to survive, build a shelter under the ground you are 30 minutes, so enough oxygen in the suit ... Then you die in agony :)

Food is not a problem, you can grow plants if researched hydroponics. The main thing is to build something that will generate oxygen. You need to research, ,,life support system"To build it.

What do you think .. Tynan?

I hope you understand me :)

Coenmcj

Quote from: Rpomr2 on July 15, 2014, 07:35:40 AM
Just a heads up is that Tynan has previously dabbled in trying to add this feature to rimworld, the feature is present in one of the prototype versions of rimworld although i warn you in case you havent tried it yet is that it's very buggy and unstable

anyway have a happy day  ;D
Bobo out

EDIT  :  Disregard this, check page 2 for Tynan's stance on the matter.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

It's not that it doesn't fit with the theme, it's that it's a nightmare of confusion, restriction, busywork, fiction restrictions, and brutal positive feedback loops in the game balance. I wrote a big post about this; wish I could find it again.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Rpomr2

Quote from: TheOcean on July 17, 2014, 02:36:12 AM
You could grow plants underground, the condition is fertilizer, solar lamp, and of course oxygen. The invaders would suit that would allow breathing for 10-20 minutes then suffocate. That would be interesting. Something completely different.

Animals breathe poisonous gas for us. Or none at all. If you want to survive, build a shelter under the ground you are 30 minutes, so enough oxygen in the suit ... Then you die in agony :)

Food is not a problem, you can grow plants if researched hydroponics. The main thing is to build something that will generate oxygen. You need to research, ,,life support system"To build it.

What do you think .. Tynan?

I hope you understand me :)

the problem with all that is research. your colonists would be long dead before they got around to researching that because you would have to build a research table and research hydroponics which takes too long

/Bobo out :)

Coenmcj

Quote from: Tynan on July 17, 2014, 11:28:12 PM
It's not that it doesn't fit with the theme, it's that it's a nightmare of confusion, restriction, busywork, fiction restrictions, and brutal positive feedback loops in the game balance. I wrote a big post about this; wish I could find it again.
Edit : I appear to have misquoted, apparently the one I was thinking of was someone else saying it, My bad.

EDIT 5: And then I found it, I think... http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4104.msg40824#msg40824
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite