A Girl Named Blue

Started by HologramDan, July 15, 2014, 06:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HologramDan

Here's an Epic story of survival against surprising and impossible odds, it all started when I came to this god forsaken rock, like most of you do to start off, building a small lair and a stockpile of materials and goods, I built up quickly, naming the colony Iyndawey after a friend literally told me to call it 'In The Way' it was meant to be insulted, but I quickly grew attached to my small settlement as I bored into the rock and built into it for defence, got power and created defensive perimeters.

we had three members to this ragtag band of colonists in the middle of nowhere, Azzy: a sickly child with a burning passion for firearms for some reason, Johnson: a Urbworld clerk who never explained why he was there, and Jen: a Tankgrown Soldier all round badass turned famed chef. and it wasn't long before we had our 4th member of this band, and the main focus of this story, Amy "Blue" Roper, a head shaven, 16 year old Pirate girl whom once was a Caveworld inhabitant turned Escaped Convict who was incapable of caring

so, the story gets slow around here, we beat back small pirate forces, and battled extreme weathers and power outages, and built up our group to around 6 strong people, Doug and Mole both joining us, we had no food shortages, plenty of muffalo meat and potatoes, until, I looked upon a star, and a mod site for mods, I found an interesting one that added extra guns so I figured I could use the extra firepower in my home, we had about 12 pistols of course, with no sign of getting anything better, and feeling confident in my abilities to defend my home I went through with this.

That's when it began, first off, a trader of weapons came to our humble colony of Iyndawey, bringing some of these new modded weapons with him, I took the opportunity to sell the pistols I had collected, and buy a Bolter, a Bren and something with a silencer on it (modddssssss:3) and so I outfitted the best shooters with these guns, and I felt even safer with it, eventually not long after this happened, pirates came by, at first (without checking what they were doing or where they were) I was like "EXCELLENT an opportune moment to kick some pirate buttocks" then I looked into what they were actually doing, it said that they were setting up for siege, so as I got my men and ladies into defensive positions, not too far away they were preparing their own little outpost with 3 incendiary launchers and they, themselves were nothing to laugh at, one had a power rifle and power armour, many more of them had armour on and there were 6 of them.

at first, in an act of panic I had to push an attack I didn't know what damage those mortars could do so a fighting force of well armed individuals, Azzy, Johnson, Blue and Jen assaulted their position while they were building their mortars, he who strikes firsts wins I said, however I did not expect them to deal as much damage as they did, the pirates took out both Azzy and Jen incapacitating them, I had Blue and Johnson leave with the most miniscule health and Doug and Mole I tasked with recovering weapons and bringing the wounded to their beds, Mole was taken out by their OPPERATIONAL mortars and also incapacitated, Doug soon followed suit trying to recover the Bren, I had the already wounded Johnson and Blue recover what I could, however, Azzy didn't make it, and was blown apart by mortar fire, down a man, and the incapacitated starving, we hit a new low point.

starvation took us along with the destruction mortar fire brings, burning the inside of our home and the farms, and even took out some of the power, we had a lucky break, one of the pirates, the one who was armed with a pulse rifle and full powered armour got bored and walked off, in our direction, I set forth with Blue and Johnson to take out the Isolated target while he fled, and we fully and perfectly succeeded with that, I equipped Blue with the power armour, and Johnson got the Rifle, being the better shooter of the two (not by much mind)

the next few days were horrible, we tried to restock food, but it didn't work out exactly how we wished, Doug and Mole both died from starvation in bed, whatever food we could scavenge went to Blue and Johnson, Jen began dying as well, eventually though, we had a stroke of luck, the tribal peoples came in specifically to help us they helped put out the fires that were burning Iyndawey, afterwards they went to attack the pirate position, I had Blue and Johnson go along with them, they were very low tech in weapons, with short bows and spears and such, it did not go well, they all died in vain, and Johnson was incapacitated, so it was just little Blue left. I felt as though we had little chance, with Jen slowly dying in bed and Johnson also in bed resting but not yet dying from hunger, I had to try and fight back in a death or glory mission, but then I noticed something...

... they weren't shooting, there weren't any fires anymore, so I looked back over at their position, and they were ALL going to sleep I felt that the time was right, and sent the heavily armed and armoured Blue to kill sleeping pirates, she walked right up to them, mere metres away, and began blasting them, the ones who woke up didn't last long, she killed 4 pirates that night with one fleeing for his life, I was all like YEAH! GO BLUE! however, in her mad quest for revenge for Iyndawey, the people she killed and the bodies she witnessed drove her mad, so at the apex of victory she lost herself and now, wanders the desert, driven insane by everything that has happened, with her departure Iyndawey won a victory but however lost everyone, Jen died from hunger shortly after the victory, however Johnson recovered (but I have no idea how I can win with only one guy) so, that's the Story of Blue and Iyndawey.
What holds every colony together is how many prisoners have Stockholm Syndrome

HologramDan

UPDATE: well Johnson recovered, and we set about him to actually capturing Blue and bringing her back into the fold, which worked, however, people dying also affected Johnson, who broke as well, but instead of running about gibbering like an idiot, he turned Psychotic, and furiously beat Blue to death, and he himself then went across the countryside looking for things to beat, so ends the story of Blue and Iyndawey
What holds every colony together is how many prisoners have Stockholm Syndrome

BetaSpectre

Man colonists are so flimsy

I had a colony of five built into a natural trench with all the defenses needed to beat back three raider parties for a total of about 100 raidees

It falls because everyone decided to sleep in a fire at the end I was dissappointed no action could prevent them from not going crazy from no sleep or from burning so I watched as they wanderd off or killed each other
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Splinterbee

This was epic. The first raid that set up a camp I ever saw fired at me with mortars and I had 3 mortars and we fired back and forth with mortars for days and blew my prison up so no new recruits for me ):
They eventually went insane or gave up or died cause they ran out of food and ammo.

Suckeeeeers... Great story btw
Video games, are pretty good

Bodog999

Wow, amazing story man. I remember my first siege (good times (to be honest....I hacked them to death) but now they cant even come close to my base due to 1 artillery cannon (mods :D) getting damn good loot from them, they attack in groups of 40+ :P

Bruvvy

That was a really good story :D

water99211

wow, that sounds really fun, Makes me wanna get the game lol  8)
Whats a good place to download it? Do you think this is good - http://rimworldfreedownload.blogspot.com/

Bodog999

Quote from: water99211 on September 02, 2014, 02:44:02 PM
wow, that sounds really fun, Makes me wanna get the game lol  8)
Whats a good place to download it? Do you think this is good - http://rimworldfreedownload.blogspot.com/
Dude, that link.......Not cool man you are litteraly taking Tynans money away

StorymasterQ

I've reported him. Should be permabanned soon.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here