[1.1] WeaponsAndOutfits 2019-1-6 for Rimworld [1.0]

Started by EntityFramework, January 06, 2019, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EntityFramework

EDIT: Kind of forgot to mention that some months ago I had revamped this mod into WeaponOfChoice - Beta.
This mod variation allows you customize weapons as an independent system, not as part of the outfit's.
Make sure to use only one or the other, not both mods. And, as always, back up your game!

https://github.com/ErnestUTN/WeaponsOfChoice/releases

Version 1.1 Released!

Weapons And Outfits

Description of the mod:
Minimal Vanilla Outfit modification:
Just like the apparel filter you have in the outfit's dialog menu, you will have one for weapons (equipment).Quality and hitpoints percentage filters works for this too . The idea is to just pick a few from the filter so that you can switch weapons quickly when raided (like hunter outfit -> Battle outfit) etc.

The pawn then will check if he is equipping that weapon. If true he will do nothing, otherwise he will look for the first weapon in his filter list available to pick up from storages. He will just go to the weapon, throw the one he is equipping, equip the desired one, and opportunistically will haul the weapon to the correct storage ( benefits from Pick Up And Haul mod )

Compatibility:

It works in existing savegames, and with existing custom outfits too.

I have tested it quite a while with this modlist and had no problems:

Core
HugsLib
BetterPawnControl
PathAvoid
While You are Up
PickUpAndHaul
P-Music
HeatMap
MedicalTab
AvoidFriendlyFire
Pharmacist
RimworldSearchAgency
AreaUnlocker
Miscellaneous_TrainingFacility
PriorityClean
MoreHarvestDesignators
kNumbers
Blueprints
GearUpAndGo
SnapOut

It greatly benefits from BetterPawnControl as you can imagine.

Incompatibility:
It might not be compatible with Outfitted or mods that modify the outfit dialog menu (not sure if also mods that modify outfits per se )

Known Issues:
1- Minor bug with workaround: Scroll Sliders won't appear for both filters if the weapon filter is not fully expanded. i.e : If you don't see sliders for the apparel filter when it should, try fully expanding the weapon filter too

Credits
Rimworld's Discord Mod Development channel for all the help regarding modding the game :)

Harmony's Discord Channel for the additional "patching process" help

NotFood's Outfitted code as the spiritual guide :P

Download Links

Github: https://github.com/ErnestUTN/Rimworld_WeaponsAndOutfits

Ashnal

Super happy to see this.

Unfortunately I can't use it because I used Infused and Outfitted. I'd love to see compatibility, and I notified Charlotte (NotFood) on the Outfitted mod page of it. Also, any chance for supporting Simple Sidearms? I'd love to see another selection window for sidearms as a part of outfits, with the stat priorities from outfitted. That's the dream.

EntityFramework

Glad you liked it !

Ikr. I also suggested him about it. It will likely be possible. Not sure about SideArms, since I don't know it that much though. I'll see it during the week :)

falconne

I was thinking, wouldn't it be better to separate this into a new weapons template and expand the Assign Tab to include that? I prefer to assign specific weapons to colonists based on their skill and my needs, so I'd want melee-pierce, melee-bash, ranged-precision, ranged-spray&pray, etc. However many of them would use the same apparel. A combined apparel and weapons template requires a lot more duplication and maintenance.

EntityFramework

Quote from: falconne on January 21, 2019, 04:07:49 AM
I was thinking, wouldn't it be better to separate this into a new weapons template and expand the Assign Tab to include that? I prefer to assign specific weapons to colonists based on their skill and my needs, so I'd want melee-pierce, melee-bash, ranged-precision, ranged-spray&pray, etc. However many of them would use the same apparel. A combined apparel and weapons template requires a lot more duplication and maintenance.

Is surely might be better since it would also give more freedom on code choices. I would have to change better pawn control to include it too..

I'll consider it this week

EntityFramework

Quote from: falconne on January 21, 2019, 04:07:49 AM

Right now, the revamping is getting tough.. But I don't think the combined apparel and weapons template list would be that long

I basically just separate into two groups:

1- All non combat pawns don't use Flak, Power armor, etc.. and the weapon choice is just trivial
2- All combat pawns use flak, power armor, etc and I create an outfit with the same apparel (flak, power armor, etc) and different weapons based on their skills

So I have:

- Heavy-Machine Gunner  (Pawns uses Flak, power armor and Heavy MG)
- Melee Slayer (Pawns uses Power armor and A LongBlade)
- Melee Basher (idem above but uses a non piercing melee)
- EMP grenadier, Frag Grenadier and so on

dragonfly3

Just wanted to tell you that I tried this mod out yesterday, and so far I really like it. Having my pawns automatically equip weapons is such a timesaver, and it's nice to not have to micromanage that any more.

Thanks for making this mod!

EntityFramework

Quote from: dragonfly3 on February 07, 2019, 11:11:18 AM
Just wanted to tell you that I tried this mod out yesterday, and so far I really like it. Having my pawns automatically equip weapons is such a timesaver, and it's nice to not have to micromanage that any more.

Thanks for making this mod!

I'm really glad to hear that pal!, and that it has been working nice and easy so far.
As a sidenote, I'm pleased to tell you that a revamped version is almost finished in which weapon setups are aside from outfits (a different column in the assign table.
:D

[attachment deleted due to age]

Other_Olly

Man.  I have been wishing for this feature for ages.  Thanks so much.

mcduff

Great looking mod. For your next trick - make it work with Simple Sidearms!

Other_Olly

Simple Sidearms integration would indeed be pretty great.  I imagine it would be difficult, though.

falconne

Quote from: EntityFramework on February 10, 2019, 04:50:28 PM
I'm pleased to tell you that a revamped version is almost finished in which weapon setups are aside from outfits (a different column in the assign table.

That's awesome

EntityFramework

Thank you all for the comments :). Before the end of the week, I will try to release the beta of the revamped version. It should be compatible with the same mods as WeaponAndOutfits, but will try to integrate it onto other mods

Quote from: Other_Olly on February 13, 2019, 03:12:08 PM
Simple Sidearms integration would indeed be pretty great.  I imagine it would be difficult, though.

I wouldn't know it, since I haven't played with that mod. But the idea is to team up with the author of that mod and merge both mods.
I will make it compatible with Better Pawn Control, though.

Other_Olly

I'm having an issue where (nonviolent) pawns who have no weapon equipped will not automatically put on apparel from their assigned outfit.  Nor will they discard worn out items.  Whether they have a weapon equipped does seem to be the important variable.  Allowing them weapons that I don't have in stock doesn't solve the problem, but allowing weapons I do have causes them to pick up a weapon, and then start filling their apparel slots.  No errors seem to be generated by this issue.

falconne

Are you planning to put this in the Steam Workshop