[MOD REQUEST] - Disguised Base Entrances.

Started by CChameleon, February 14, 2019, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CChameleon

Hello there! I'm new to the forums but I'd like to suggest an addition to rimworld that I feel makes sense and expands the depth of tactics you can use for dealing with large overwhelming enemy raids. I want to create some entrances that are harder for enemies to detect. Perhaps having some different tiered doors.

Tribal - Camouflaged Entrance. Requires stone/wood/hay to build. Available very early or right away. Opens very slowly and once opened takes some work to reset and make invisible again.

Industrial - Disguised Entrance. Requires stone/metal/components. A sliding cliff side door. Or a door made to look like a wall piece. Opens slowly but not as slow as tribal version. And can be slowly closed and once closed requires no work to be disguised again.

Glitter Tech - Cloaked Base Entrance. Requires advanced components and materials. A standard autodoor protected by a holographic cloaking field. Opens and closes quickly.

Now obviously a permanently invisible door is op as you can just keep ducking in/out. Like you do with manhunters. So the mod would have to make anyone who sees the door open aware of the entrance. You could also make it so that people with certain traits. Such as eagle eyed have a chance to spot a tribal/industrial entrance.

Doing this would allow bases to use more interesting defense configuration that static kill box's Because it allows the defenders to use their home field advantage. To outflank enemies and catch them in crossfire. Or force them through areas of the base that your pawns who know about the disguised entrances wouldn't normally use.

Please tell me what you think of the idea :)

LWM

I have thought about how nice being able to do this would be, so you're not alone.  I suppose it wouldn't be impossible, even.  If no one else does it, I may look into it at some point.

--LWM