If the game won't start properly

Started by Tynan, July 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: Iwillbenicetou on August 18, 2014, 11:59:49 AM
The game did work. It only crashed when I installed the glitter mod.
EDIT: here's what the screen looks like

That's a problem with the Glitter mod then. Please ask them.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Iwillbenicetou

The problem was is that I deleted a mod, and it already saved the info in my save file. So when i disabled it, it crashed, because it didn't load. It was TTM custom events. I recognized some of the things not loading
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Fred999

Hello Ty,

Made a clean install (Win7) and then re download the game. It's crashing.
Re downloaded just in case but no luck ? Can you help me ? I need my RimWorld fix :D

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fred

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tynan

Quote from: Fred999 on August 18, 2014, 02:05:13 PM
Hello Ty,

Made a clean install (Win7) and then re download the game. It's crashing.
Re downloaded just in case but no luck ? Can you help me ? I need my RimWorld fix :D

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fred

Unfortunately it looks like you're hitting a rare crash in Unity. I really have no ins to fix this, I can't even get in to read the code. So :(. Email me if you want a refund, or perhaps wait for next build or use another PC. I'm sorry I don't have much more than that.

Fred999

No way I'll ask a refund ;)

RimWorld are working perfectly on my other computers so it's ok for me.. this is just strange ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Fred999

Found MY mistake.
Maybe comes in handy for you : didn't installed a sound driver on my MOBO...

Sorry for loosing your time Tynan ;)

Tynan

Quote from: Fred999 on August 18, 2014, 02:34:35 PM
Found MY mistake.
Maybe comes in handy for you : didn't installed a sound driver on my MOBO...

Sorry for loosing your time Tynan ;)

Ahh, interesting.

Kalon

i am getting just a black screen when i instal the game i have tried putting the game in every file i have on my comp the game was working fine with me then after a random crash it just went kaput the game somewhat launches but all i get is a black screen with the games cursor and thats all

JasonCD

I'm pretty confused by the issue I've run into.

All two or three times I've deleted and re-installed the game the same thing happens. The first time I run it it takes a good few seconds to load up, but eventually it starts. The second and third time it runs just fine, booting up as it normally would. It's around the fourth or fifth that things just stop working. No matter what I do, when I try to run RimWorld, either by shortcut or directly out of its folder I get a black screen with my cursor and that's it.

No idea what's going on, and I'd appreciate any help I could get with figuring it out.

Tynan

Quote from: JasonCD on August 23, 2014, 12:02:35 PM
I'm pretty confused by the issue I've run into.

All two or three times I've deleted and re-installed the game the same thing happens. The first time I run it it takes a good few seconds to load up, but eventually it starts. The second and third time it runs just fine, booting up as it normally would. It's around the fourth or fifth that things just stop working. No matter what I do, when I try to run RimWorld, either by shortcut or directly out of its folder I get a black screen with my cursor and that's it.

No idea what's going on, and I'd appreciate any help I could get with figuring it out.

That's real strange. Can you zip and post the log file so I can look?

Find it in RimWorld532Win/RimWorld532Win_Data/output_log.txt

JasonCD

Here you go.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Tynan

Quote from: JasonCD on August 23, 2014, 01:35:01 PM
Here you go.

Holy crap that's terrifying. That log just ends, hard. No error message. No shutdown messages. Whoa.

I'm afraid I don't have a specific step for you. Others have solved this sort of problem by fixing problems with their OS and drivers, or even hardware (stuff like bad memory).

JasonCD

Quote from: Tynan on August 23, 2014, 01:38:19 PM
Holy crap that's terrifying. That log just ends, hard. No error message. No shutdown messages. Whoa.

I'm afraid I don't have a specific step for you. Others have solved this sort of problem by fixing problems with their OS and drivers, or even hardware (stuff like bad memory).

Ah boy... well, I guess I'll just go poking around until I can get it going again.

StatikMilk30

Is the black screen problem fixed in the current update or do you have to fix it your self by following the steps.

Iwillbenicetou

Hello again Ty, this is another problem. My game keeps freezing up making it unplayable. (This may be my computer) It just unresponds, but still plays the music. Any help?
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!