Disposal of excess items using crematory

Started by bjo0rn, July 16, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjo0rn

Problem: Accumulation of excess non-consumable items that can't be sold.

Solution: Make it possible to dispose of items of choice in crematory.

Discussion: This is of course of no use if all non-consumables can be sold, which probably is the plan. To expand on the idea, the crematory could instead be a combustion power plant that relies on a continuous stock of combustible items. Could be an interesting alternative or complement to solar power. Maybe this could put vegetation (cactuses, grass, flowers) to better use than propagating wildfires.

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Tynan

Definitely! Alpha 5 adds a recipe to burn extra apparel. We'll add ways to burn other stuff as well.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

sirdave79

O thats good to hear (that burning clothes has been added). I didnt think clothes could be burned in alpha 5. Maybe one of the lettered releases added it.

Tynan

I'm sorry! I meant Alpha 6. There's an A5 mod that does this though.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

bjo0rn

Thanks! You had me thinking I had made the embarrassing mistake of suggesting a feature that was already there.
An abundance of apparel items was how I came up with this in the first place hehe.

Bog

Another idea would be the option to build wardrobes, and stock them with multiple sets of clothes (Body Armour and Power Armour excluded). If you could put up to 10 in each, and they only took 1-2 spaces, it'd save a lot of space as well as making more things to put in people's usually relatively empty 5x6 bedrooms. (right now they get a bed, table, chair and light in my fortresses colonies. And the table and chair are only there in case I need to imprison somebody, so they don't have to eat off the floor)

Then colonists could maybe put on a different set of clothes every morning from what's available and get a small positive mood boost from having a lot of options in their bedroom. (maybe +1 mood per 2 sets of clothes as a "well stocked wardrobe" bonus, maxing out at +5.)

Admittedly, it sounds a bit like the Sims to me, but I think it'd actually fit the game pretty well and really cut down on all the apparel that tends to build up if you're a packrat like me.
Divergence of Civilization Lead Developer (in this case that's the fancy way of saying "Only Developer")

Project Armoury Developer (New huge 2.13 Release now live!)

rsdworker

Quote from: Bog on July 19, 2014, 04:58:29 PM
Another idea would be the option to build wardrobes, and stock them with multiple sets of clothes (Body Armour and Power Armour excluded). If you could put up to 10 in each, and they only took 1-2 spaces, it'd save a lot of space as well as making more things to put in people's usually relatively empty 5x6 bedrooms. (right now they get a bed, table, chair and light in my fortresses colonies. And the table and chair are only there in case I need to imprison somebody, so they don't have to eat off the floor)

Then colonists could maybe put on a different set of clothes every morning from what's available and get a small positive mood boost from having a lot of options in their bedroom. (maybe +1 mood per 2 sets of clothes as a "well stocked wardrobe" bonus, maxing out at +5.)

Admittedly, it sounds a bit like the Sims to me, but I think it'd actually fit the game pretty well and really cut down on all the apparel that tends to build up if you're a packrat like me.
good idea or a Lockers - small cupboard - example you make a prisoner clothes and place in the locker for prisoner to wear