Animals wander outside restricted areas when recalled during raids

Started by Truthness, February 21, 2019, 08:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truthness

Unsure if this is a bug of intended but honestly it's the most annoying part of the game every time there is a raid and I restrict my grazers to the barn a few will go into the barn then rebel and begin wandering around usually into the line of fire or opening doors to let raiders in.  If I toggle there area unpause and the change there area back they'll run back to the barn but its a pain to always be on the lookout for rogue animals.  My barn has enough beds for all my animals and having an owner or the type of training they have doesn't seem to matter.  Usually I try to get around this my restricting all my outside doors but I always seem to miss one or they'll wander into my kill box while I'm focusing on the raid. Any help preventing this or fixing it would be much appreciated and save me a lot of time and frustration. 

On the screen shot is an example those animals are restricted to the barn below but have left and are now trying to wander outside the base.  This happens both in vanilla and modded and I've checked to make sure there are no other areas outside my barn.  Save file was to large apparently y'alls file size restriction is ridiculous!

[attachment deleted due to age]

YokoZar

Does it happen only in the first few moments after the restriction?  I believe if a pawn starts a "wander" action just before you rezone, it will finish walking to wherever it was going before it realizes it's not supposed to be there and hurries back inside.