[1.0] Pawn head textures slightly off center. female_average_pointy particularly

Started by Neo Zaphyr, March 15, 2019, 01:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neo Zaphyr

Specific versions:

This issue appears for me on any time that a pawns texture is visible on the pawn selection screen of a new game.

The bug:
Textures for pawns some heads are off center.  This is most apparent when using the female average pointy head type with pigtails or marine helmet for example. I did use Prepare Carefully to test the most since it lets you choose head type and hair/helmet and is also zoomed in more.  That is the only mod I used for sake of ease and I suspect this issue is obviously not caused by Prepare Carefully.

I am able to reproduce this on both of those 1.0 versions.  While Prepare carefully helps for QoL, you can simply hit random and watch carefully.  If you use Prepare Carefully, and cycle through the different head types (particularly female and on the female average point) you can see the eyes indicate how off center the texture is with pig tails and other hair as well as helmets.

To reproduce:
Use either of those versions above
Go to the pawn selection menu (Recommend using Prepare Carefully for ease)
Look for pawns with female average pointy/wide heads and compare.

Attached is an example using a grid line and from in game.  Two more images are of female average pointy with pigtails hair and marine helmet.  Lastly an image of average wide showing the eyes 'properly aligned'.  Please notice the position of the eyes.

I'm running Rimworld on Windows 10.  This seems like it might just be specific to my installation but I do not have this off center issue with B18.  I also checked public texture assets from 1.0 release on the forums and found them to be off center (how I produced that grid aligned image).  If you reproduce the bug in B18 and cycle head types in Prepare Carefully, you see that the heads will shift off center only vertically.  In 1.0 versions here, the heads will shift horizontally and vertically.

Edit:
So it appears this is not just my installation.  The process to reproduce this bug is fairly simple.  If anyone has encountered this issue please let me know. 
Thank you.

[attachment deleted due to age]

PyroFuzz

Could someone please help solve this, I can confirm this happens. I have vanilla and prepare carefully and it still persists! Its very noticeable and I'd rather not duplicate a post! Sorry if this counts as necro but could we please solve this?
Probably.